• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

fertilizer Need some help on a fertilizer program. How much to use and when to use.

solid7 said:

The one that's the cheapest. :D
Next year I'm doing in ground planting peppers as well as containers,would alfalfa meal be better since I might be using more doing the inground planting?

Codeman said:
Next year I'm doing in ground planting peppers as well as containers,would alfalfa meal be better since I might be using more doing the inground planting?

You don't need alfalfa meal for in-ground plants.  If I were where you're at, I'd do a soil assessment this year. (like now)  Figure out what I needed for soil prep.  NC soil can often be high in clay.  Maybe you need some gypsum to break it up.  If you get that done before the leaves fall, you can put all of your leaves and grass clippings in the garden patch, and be ready to rock out a killer garden next spring.
Believe me, if I could grow in my native soil, I'd never dick around with containers.

sirex said:
You mean you don't want to grow in sand !?!? ;)

As long as we're talking palms, sure. ;)
I can't even dig down a few feet, and put in a bed of marl, and backfill with topsoil.  I'm on septic. :(

Back