• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Need some tips for my 2009 selection

I have almost finished selecting my pepper seeds for 2009..
Here they are:
7 pod
Bhut Jolokia
Fatalli
Safi Scotch Bonnet
Orange Habanero
Early Jalapeno
NuMex Big Jim

Most of these seeds are for hot peppers, and my girlfriend and some other friends cannot take the heat. So I need suggestions for one or two milder peppers which I can add to my order. I don't mean no-heat peppers, but the heat scale for these mild peppers should not go over Jalapeno's, taste is also important offcourse!

Thanks!

I like Hungarian Hot Wax. I use a lot of them when they are still yellow to put on cheeseburgers, in meatloaf, etc.

Mike

Not a mind pepper and I probably sound like a broken record here but you need to get a Caribbean Red habanero in there, prolific producers, great heat, awesome flavor and very good aroma.

Not sure about Mild Peppers, I dont grow mild stuff :

Superted said:
I have almost finished selecting my pepper seeds for 2009..
Here they are:
7 pod
Bhut Jolokia
Fatalli
Safi Scotch Bonnet
Orange Habanero
Early Jalapeno
NuMex Big Jim

Most of these seeds are for hot peppers, and my girlfriend and some other friends cannot take the heat. So I need suggestions for one or two milder peppers which I can add to my order. I don't mean no-heat peppers, but the heat scale for these mild peppers should not go over Jalapeno's, taste is also important offcourse!

Thanks!

Nothing wrong with a Jal. Super fruity, super tasty, can't go wrong.

Thanks everybody for your suggestions! I decided to add 'marbles' as a girlfriend pleaser, and Fresno.. Including the seeds I traded (thanks TrinidadHottie) I now have way more varieties than I planned to grow .. argh :P

Back