• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Nerd Farm Update

Just a few pics of the Nerd Farm.

"Father Tom" a disease resistant type has been keeping up with the amount of BBQ burgers I make at this time of year.

photo0185cn4.jpg

photo0184ct7.jpg

Orange Habs are ripening - bigg'uns too

photo0183wl6.jpg

photo0182bu0.jpg

...more pics in a min...

7 - pots with a little storm damage. They seems to be growing very prostrate but not about to change that while they're producing such nice big pods. Will cut them back at end of season & hope for a more traditional plant next season.

photo0189os8.jpg

photo0188jj8.jpg

More toms that were transplanted out of my compost

photo0186ax3.jpg

And no Nerd tour is complete without Mr. Douglah. Healthier than ever. Under those leaves theres around 50 flowers...so far they all drop.

photo0187cw2.jpg

Oh, if Bunnings have some, I'll just head down there when I get back from this hellhole they call Adelaide and see if my local one has some before I trouble you for some seeds ;)

bentalphanerd said:
7 - pots with a little storm damage. They seems to be growing very prostrate but not about to change that while they're producing such nice big pods. Will cut them back at end of season & hope for a more traditional plant next season...

you can hope for a more traditional plant next season - good luck - it's the damn hippy vibe you put into your plants, they're all laid back and relaxed :P

you may like to know that my/your birdhab now has about 40 pods on it and is going like an absolute champion - still prostrate though (grumble, grumble, damn hippy vibe, grumble...)

chilliman64 said:
you can hope for a more traditional plant next season - good luck - it's the damn hippy vibe you put into your plants, they're all laid back and relaxed :P

you may like to know that my/your birdhab now has about 40 pods on it and is going like an absolute champion - still prostrate though (grumble, grumble, damn hippy vibe, grumble...)

Aaawwww isnt that nice it put all its lights on for christmas :D

another 1000 pods & you could make a sauce out of it :lol: Is it still in the little pot?

bentalphanerd said:
They turned ugly & moldy with all the rain we had few weeks ago...then the bugs came.

Will start again when I get back from holidays.

I wonder if that is because of the straw? I would think it would never get close to dry, except maybe the top.

Mike

wordwiz said:
I wonder if that is because of the straw? I would think it would never get close to dry, except maybe the top.

Mike

It was just a strange weather pattern we had - very tropical...I dont think young spuds like tropical weather...but fungus does.

moyboy said:
Looking good mate...

bugger your warmer QLD climate.....:D

One of those big gnarly 7-pots has your name on it Moyboy....bringing my vid camera too :lol:

dang Bent, none of my 7's looked like that...those look like a naga/bhut type

bentalphanerd said:
...another 1000 pods & you could make a sauce out of it :lol: Is it still in the little pot?

hell no! I planted it into a nice 30cm terracotta pot about 2 weeks after I got it from you. I'll post a pic as soon as I can find out where the hot chilliwoman has left the camera.

Back