New from Richmond, Virginia!

:welcome:

Do you grow your own chilis,
or source them elsewhere?

Great question! We source our Habaneros locally from Browntown Farms in Petersburg, Virginia. https://www.facebook.com/browntownfarms/  And part of the reason that we joined this blog so that we can learn more about growing because we have nice quarter acre this year we're working with. Still trying to figure out what peppers we can grow in Viginia. We use arbol, jalapeno, habanero, serranos, and ancho chile in our sauce. 

PaulG said:
:welcome:

Do you grow your own chilis,
or source them elsewhere?

Those should grow well there. There are some
awesome Virginia grows on the forum.

jWYK2jh.jpg

Any advice on trying to navigate to find them? I am searching each forum for Virginia. Definitely interested in working more with local enthusiast and maybe potential suppliers.

PaulG said:
Those should grow well there. There are some
awesome Virginia grows on the forum.

HempHottie said:
Any advice on trying to navigate to find them? I am searching each forum for Virginia. Definitely interested in working more with local enthusiast and maybe potential suppliers.

Ahoy there! 

Hello from VA Beach! We can grow any pepper in VA. My Carolina Reaper, bhut jolokia, wild species, and others are still alive. They're not producing atm and I'll have to take them in before it gets too cold though. Both are 2 years old.

That's awesome. I will probably be reaching out to you once the season gets closer. I am going to try and grow all five peppers that we use in our sauce.

Dulac said:
Hello from VA Beach! We can grow any pepper in VA. My Carolina Reaper, bhut jolokia, wild species, and others are still alive. They're not producing atm and I'll have to take them in before it gets too cold though. Both are 2 years old.

HempHottie said:
... Still trying to figure out what peppers we can grow in Viginia.

Welcome to THP.

Ever heard of Southern Exposure Seed Exchange? https://www.southernexposure.com/

Great folks and lots of local knowledge, since they're located in Mineral, Va. Not too far from Richmond. Check them out.

Dulac said:
Cool, I've grown 4 of the 5 here. They all do great. Ancho should too! You can definitely do it.

Thanks for the encouragement! Do you think I'm good to do the seed-starting and the transplantation all at the same time or should I consider different seeding & planting times?

Back