• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

New Girlfriend, Bow to the V

I am pleased to share my latest girlfriend I picked up at Guitar Center. I haven't had many good experiences with them but today was a good day here in the big dry ditch of LV. Here's my new Chula Rubia...
0002.jpg

Check out the crotchless panty pimp fur lined case! The case co. minds must have been coo coo for cocoa puffs thinking that one up.
0006.jpg

Hot as a pepper and smooth as a Mexican brew!
0003.jpg

Hope you enjoyed the pics. Cheers ya'll!

Thanks IGG.

Ross, the guitar has the standard 500T and 498R which many find to be a bit harsh. Alot of cats have gone over to a Seymour Duncan 59' to mellow it out. In my case, I play more blues and some rock. With the Tweed Champ clone set on 10 and the guitar WFO it flat out rocks without sounding muddy. Sustain is YOUSA and harmonics are POW!! Roll back the guitar a bit and it cleans up nicely with plenty of poop in reserve when I need it. For now I'll leave well enough alone. This guitar is a gigging replacement for my LP Pro with P90's. For tone and overall punch it crushes both my Strat and Tele which I have to have a boost pedal with them to make them growl. This is the second V I have owned and love them long time. I'll probably get another in the fall to back this one up. For the price of a new LP with all the wam wam's and zu zu's I can almost buy 3 V's.

Sweeet axe TB!

I am officially jealous! I've always loved the way Vs look but never played one.

Very nice and congratulations!

Chuk I had to play alot of poorly set up V's ala Guitar Center to finally find the new chula. This is my second V and I'll probably get another in the fall to back this one up. The neck is almost as thin as my LP and ebony ta boot. ( The LP is being retired from professional play) Handles like a dream and perfectly balanced. Can't say enough about this one. Try a good one. You won't regret it!

cool deal on the pickups. sounds neat. i think the next guitar i am going to get is going to be one of 3 things: either one of the higher end ibanez rg series, a taylor 414ce, or (and most likely the best pick) a carvin dc127 in burst blue on quilted maple.

but as for now, i am in amp mode - i want to get a mark IV to use for cleans and leads. haha one can dream, ya? :lol:

Dude, dream away. That's how I got all my six string killing machines. I'm looking for a Plexi or used Bassman to mod myself. Why the Taylor? What do you like about it? For years I have coveted the Gibbo J45 and think the $2,500 price is worth it as it is a professional lifetime instrument. You gigging?

texas blues said:
Dude, dream away. That's how I got all my six string killing machines. I'm looking for a Plexi or used Bassman to mod myself. Why the Taylor? What do you like about it? For years I have coveted the Gibbo J45 and think the $2,500 price is worth it as it is a professional lifetime instrument. You gigging?

nah i dont gig as of now. i want to get to the point that i am ridiculous on the guitar before i even consider gigging. give it another few years. as for the taylor - they have just always appealed to me. one thing i like is the small body, the cutaway, and i think taylors sound really good. i dont like the gibson acoustics much, and i have a really old martin already..

Dude...you are really farther along than you think. Get out there and do your thang' even as a solo gig at an open mic. The more public play the better even if YOU think you suck. That builds stage experience and eventually it comes around. I know for a fact I have no talent and I have to work very hard for what I do. Thang is that I want it more than those who have talent. Keep in mind that Jimi played guitar 24/7 and even slept with his guitar. Sure he had the talent but he also wanted it more too. Do your thang'. I am quite sure Chuk would agree. Don't wait for tomorrow dude. It's here today!
As far as the Taylor, yes they sound great. One thang' is I have heard one problem with the fingerboards seperating in dry climes. Could be an owner thang' where a humidifier could solve it. Check it out and research first. Taylor is a quality company from what I know so may be a temporary problem. Even Gibbo has had it's share of FU's.

If playing live ain't your thang' that's cool. The best players I ever heard had day jobs. Do what you do and be happy bro.

chuk hell said:
Yup. I've never let lack of talent stop me from making a fool of myself! :D

haha. i am kind of a perfectionist tho. tonight i wasnt playing really good, sloppy, and i only had a couple of beers. im about to pick it back up in a second, but if i am still playing like shit after a few minutes, its going to be laid to rest for the night.

looks pretty sweet! my only problem with Vs is that i do the majority of my playing while sitting.

anyone know a good place to get random cases? i want to pick up a good case for the jackson i bought not too long ago. i guess i could just get a large soft case, but kinda wanted a good hard shelled case.

xgrafcorex said:
looks pretty sweet! my only problem with Vs is that i do the majority of my playing while sitting.

anyone know a good place to get random cases? i want to pick up a good case for the jackson i bought not too long ago. i guess i could just get a large soft case, but kinda wanted a good hard shelled case.

find the one you want at musicianfriend, 123music, or zzsounds.com, then check out ebay and beat their price by 40 dollars. :)

thanks. i swear i checked musicians friend when i ordered the guitar, but didn't find them. found it last night though..same price on those three sites. checked ebay, but the only one listed was the actual guitar and is being sold with the case. wasn't a bad price..160 for the whole thing..but it was used, not too much info listed, and i'd still need to buy another case. :)

went with MF and it should be here sometime next week. :D

Back