New in HOT peppers from Greece.

here are some peppers that the store from where i bought them told me they were hot italian peppers....(they are green now but they must turn red wnen matured)

hotitalian.jpg

hotitalian_1.jpg

here are what is called here in greece "decorative peppers" small and very hot,for soups mostly in winter...(they turn red and are different kind of peppers in the 2 pictures)

decorative_.jpg

decorative_1.jpg

last nut not least...the ones that i have from last year,they turn yellow and are extremely hot i must say ,but have no clue what they are....

unknown_1.jpg

unknwn_2.jpg

i also have some bisops crown but i forgot to foto them.

i hope you recognice the names of the peppers because here in greece we call them all "hot peppers",the knowledge of the different kinds is still at kindergarden.

and here is my hole garden with my tomatoes and hot peppers at the back of the picture...

kipos.jpg

peppers_1.jpg

hope that next year i will buy all the spicies i want and not grow these "simple" peppers.... :) :)

if you can recognize any kind of pepper don't hezitate to tell me!!!

waiting for your knowledge!!!

Welcome, Evanthos - what a beautiful garden you have there!

As a co-newbie, I want to invite you to participate in September's throwdown - it's an informal cookoff between pepper lovers, and we're taking it one step further and turning September into a newbies vs. oldies throwdown. Sounds like you've got some great experience in the kitchen - we'd love to see what you can create! September is beefless burgers - they can be any other type of meat, veggie, or seafood burgers - and of course, something hot thrown in. Come join the fun - go to the Throwdown Discussion forum, then choose the Throwdown Sticky thread. We've engaged in quite a bit of pre-throwdown bragging, but we're still looking to add more newbie voices. So don't be shy - we'd love to see you there!

G

hello to everyone,my name is Vagelis and i am from Greece.This is my first year gardening,ia have planted 3 species of tomatoes,sweet peppers,eggplants but my favourite are the hot peppers!!
the problem is that a didn't have a clue about the different hot peppers that exist.Now i am learning by searching the web.I have planted 5 different kinds of hot peppers,the problem is that tha only one that is known is the yellow african bird!!the others are a waste of time for you that grow all these species...
I want to find some of these peppers for next year bus here whereever i asked noone new anything!!i mention thw name "habanero" and looked at me like i was crazy!!! :) :)
where must i look to get some of these seeds?i have seen so many fotos in thw web the last months that i dont know what to ask and hat is best to plant...there are so many....
i have alot of space at my garden,i don't plant in pots but at ground and have good progress at my plants.could you recomend some good peppers for me,is the a site with allll the species and can i buy them from somewhere?i love hot peppers,i love looking at their growth every day and i wat to have some GOOD peppers at my garden the next years!!

HELLO!

man - you have some amazing traditional greek dishes that use the nice HUGE greek pepperoncini. Not a 'hot' pepper per se - but still a very flavorful pepper!!!

Good luck!

Hello, and welcome to THP. There are many friendly folks here who can help you with your pepper questions. It's all good my friend.

Back