New in HOT peppers from Greece.

hello to everyone,my name is Vagelis and i am from Greece.This is my first year gardening,ia have planted 3 species of tomatoes,sweet peppers,eggplants but my favourite are the hot peppers!!
the problem is that a didn't have a clue about the different hot peppers that exist.Now i am learning by searching the web.I have planted 5 different kinds of hot peppers,the problem is that tha only one that is known is the yellow african bird!!the others are a waste of time for you that grow all these species...
I want to find some of these peppers for next year bus here whereever i asked noone new anything!!i mention thw name "habanero" and looked at me like i was crazy!!! :) :)
where must i look to get some of these seeds?i have seen so many fotos in thw web the last months that i dont know what to ask and hat is best to plant...there are so many....
i have alot of space at my garden,i don't plant in pots but at ground and have good progress at my plants.could you recomend some good peppers for me,is the a site with allll the species and can i buy them from somewhere?i love hot peppers,i love looking at their growth every day and i wat to have some GOOD peppers at my garden the next years!!

:welcome:

For seeds, check out The Hippy Seed Company. Awesome seeds and exceptional service! You will find many Habanero varieties there and much more....

If you are looking for something even hotter than the Habanero, check out 'The Naga's' and 'The Caribbean Nuclear'... but be warned, them peppers will blow your socks off! ;)

Your basic peppers of course, Habanero, Cayenne, and Jalapeno are all reliable and have good yields. There's so many varieties of habanero, so you may get overwhelmed with the options. Golden habanero is a good, basic one though.

You could always give the Bhut Jolokia a grow. I think anyone who loves heat should try it.

I know http://www.thehippyseedcompany.com/ is a good website to order from. A lot of people have said good things about them. And they have a good selection.

There's so many options out there, and part of the fun is growing something new, just to see what happens. Growing some ornamentals purely for looks is also rewarding. I'm only in my second year and I can say, it's quite an addiction.

Welcome from the philippines!

The rarer varieties can only be attained though trading here or in other forums =)

Welcome!
If I were you, I'd try to get in contact with a few of those European growers that post around here.
There's also that Italian pepper forum, which I guess you can translate a lot with google in hopes of getting a few of the rarer seeds from a source near you.

Welcome.
Do you have access to real Golden Greek pepperoncinis? There is a bit of a quest here to find the best variety and pickling recipe. Everybody wants the pickled peppers like in the delis or Papa Johns pizza in the US.
Please tell us the other peppers you're growing. I doubt they are all as bad as you think

Thank all for your warm welcome and your suggestions.I am now learning about hot peppers and i believe next year i will have my own production to be proud of!
As about the greek peppers i have this year,i will photo them durring weekend and will get back with fotos from Monday.I hope you regognize the species because i have no clue about the names....

Welcome from Southfield Michigan.

May You Soul Rest In Peppers

HERE

4386562877_0488df8fc1.jpg

NJA

sorry for the dealy of the pictures that i promised...well now here we are:

first we have the african bird(they will turn yellow i believe...)

africanbird_1.jpg

africanbird_2.jpg

then the chilies(they will turn red)

chilies_1.jpg

chilies_2.jpg

chilies_3.jpg

chilies_4.jpg

Back