• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

New Sauce

mrbill said:
i attached these from my computer after downloading from google photos. if anyone knows how to correct the rotation, i'd be happy to learn.

OK Mr Bill, pix help #2......

It is the stored EXIF Data that causes this.

Even if you don't have an iPhone (And this article talks about email orientation.), this is helpful, Why iPhone pictures flip when emailed, and how to fix it and LifeWire-How to Fix a Digital Photo Turned Sideways(Rotate pictures that display sideways online)

Our intrepid leader posted this helpful hint.

The Hot Pepper said:
If you edit the pic before uploading it will upload correctly. Editing it "saves" the orientation instead of using native, which would be the way you held the phone. Really it is uploading correctly, but other sites like FB have better software that read the orientation EXIF.

gonna try again. woot! it worked!

Attachments

• probiotic.jpg
    probiotic.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 95
  • chili water.jpg
    chili water.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 88
  • ready to go.jpg
    ready to go.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 92
strained out the solids then added garlic, berry mixture, peaches, oranges and some brown sugar to the liquid and hit it with the immersion blender, calling this one fruit salad.

edited to add- may toss in some pinapple and regular apples before bottling(blended, milled and strained of course)

Attachments

• fruitsalad.jpg
    fruitsalad.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 86
well, shucks! was milling and sieving out the solids in preparation for some more fruit/sweet. had a little slip and jar busted in the sink. all hard work literally down the drain. still have the other two going though.

just wanted to add- it's completely my fault. i forgot about physics/thermodynamics just long enough to ruin everything. took jar out of fridge to mill/strain. poured everything into a bowl, rinsed out the jar and put into microwave to dry. milled/sieved contents, once dry, my stupid self poured the cold liquid into the hot jar and POP went the weasel and my sauce down the drain.

Back