• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

seeds new seeds and starting early

yea the think i noticed wit this setup is keeping the soil moist enough. i have resorted to bottom wattering now.

still waiting un fortunetly..... i duno why their not going but still no green hoops.

and i got myself an IR themom and a heatpad the average soil temp is around 30c but still no hooks.

none booo.

Picture529.jpg

You should start seeing something soon as it has been about 3 weeks. I've had some seeds that were averaging 21+ days to germinate. then the started popping up like crazy.

It was kind of frustrating waiting for what seemed like forever, especially since most of the chinese popped up in 7 - 12 days and the annums were up in 5 - 7 days.

Some of those cells look too dry, dont ever let them dry out... And they should have bottom heat, 85 F, 24/7 is best IMO.

RichardK said:
Some of those cells look too dry, dont ever let them dry out...

+1

Nothing after almost 3 weeks doesn't seem right even though you mainly have chinense that can drive you crazy. You must keep the soil moist - not wet - until the seeds sprout. That's the reason most of us cover when we plant, the risk of them drying out decreases.

dont feel bad i've had some seeds germinating since the 14th only like 4 have come up. hoping rest will come up soon, whats the longest someone should wait?

I've had a few stubborn seeds take close to 30 days to germinate. It really is up to you, how long do you want to keep the moist and wait on them. Some of the slower ones can definitely take longer then 21 days, but average sprout time for seeds is usually 7 - 14 days.

Back