• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

New starwars

A648384E-56BE-40B3-BF96-6AD6D3788D2C-18105-000004ADDC93651B_zps6d791cbc.jpg

well what do you nerds think about jj abrams directing the new movie?

I'm indifferent at this point. I'll have more of an opinion when I know more about the plot, when the story will take place, etc.

The only good Jar Jar is a dead Jar Jar.

Oen thing JJ Abrams does well is character-driven story telling. His action scenes are only so-so. Hopefully with the supporting cast behind him they will raise the bar on the action scenes.

Ghost Protocol and the new Star Trek were great. I was very emotionally involved in the characters from the get go. Lost was amazing until Abrams left. Once he did the characters lost their appeal.

I would rather have had Joss as well but I think Abrams has the potential to do well with the franchise. It depends on how much input Lucas doesn't have.

They just announced that Michael Arndt (Little Miss Sunshine) is going to write the screenplay. He did Toy Story 3 and the new Hunger Games, so it looks like they are still going after the younger audience. I hope they realize that most fans are middle aged now and they tailor the new films to that demographic.

This is what Rowling did with the Harry Potter franchise, her writing got older with the fan base, and by the end things were pretty dark. I think if Disney recognized that the real fans are middle aged they could make some seriously badass movies.

Sigh - a young Han Solo movie? Ok. Cool. A young Bona Fett movie? Has there ever been a character more overrated than Boba? He's had what, 10 mins of screen time over the course of 6 films?

Agh

Might as well make a compelling story of "the young jar jar binks".

"Meesa go on an adventure!"

Shoot me now. :(

http://fanboydestroy...d-we-shall-see/

It looks like Star Wars edition yo-yos are in the works now.

YfutUg3.jpg

PNNrXvZ.jpg

I'm not too sure how I feel about this one at this point. I'm a huge fan of Star Wars, and my obsession with yo-yoing is widely known. I just don't know about this partnership between Star Wars (Disney) and Yomega. Only time will tell I guess.

Back