new to site, any kind offers for scotch bonnet seeds

I live in Hong Kong and am looking to grow some scotch bonnets and Trinidadian peppers.

I manged to grow them til they bud then the ants got them and ate them up.. I tried everything but sadly I lost 10 that way.

I bought some seeds from Oz but only 50% germination from the whole lot (and they were expensive), my friend had them germinated and seeded by the local organic co-op so we await our first season, fingers crossed!

Its very hot here and we are in the midst of summer. Germination outdoors is good at this time of the year but I dont have any seeds.

I am willing to pay postage and a nominal fee but cannot afford to spend too much.

Anyone willing to forward any Scotch bonnet or Trinidadian pepper seeds they do not need and willing to post to Hong Kong?

I look forward to hearing from you
kind regards
Mandy

p.s I was kindly informed I had posted on the wrong page, hence I now post corrected

I can give you orange habanero send me a sasbe

DarenSmith
3313 w willow
Phoenix,Az

I also have some caribbean red and may have some trinidad scorpions ill have to chk on those

DarenSmith
3313 w willow
Phoenix,Az

I also have some caribbean red and may have some trinidad scorpions ill have to chk on those
Hi
many thanks! Excited!

I need to check if i can actually get a stamped addressed envelope etc from Hong kong to USA and back.
I think the main issue I have always had is that people are unwilling to post to this far away mainly because of the Sasbe... However let me check with Hong Kong Postal services or fimnd an alternative route

Mandy

DarenSmith
3313 w willow
Phoenix,Az

Hi again
just found out that the local post office here can provide me with International reply coupons, purchase 14HKD, surrender value 3HKD.

International reply coupons are exchangeable at Post Office abroad for postage stamps and
thus enable the sender of a letter to a place abroad to prepay a reply.
These coupons may be purchased at any post office for HK$14, and are exchangeable in
any foreign country of the Universal Postal Union for one or more postage stamps
representing the minimum postage prepayable on an unregistered priority item or an
unregistered letter sent abroad by air. Coupons received from other countries may be
exchanged at any post office in Hong Kong for postage stamps, prepayment impressions or
postal stationery at a surrender value of HK$3.

i can hook it up. Send me a sase. pm me for address.

Hi thank you for your offer
Let me work on an alternative to these international reply coupons, seems crazy to purcase for 14 and have a surender value of 3.
Does anyone know any other way around this?
Mandy

Not sure about international shipping... Here in the USA we find out what it costs to ship the package, put that amount of postage on the outside of the envelope, and loose on the inside as well.

Not sure if your postage would work to ship a package from here to there... But it seems to me a bank can convert HK$ to US$, and US$ can buy stamps here for the return postage. Just use the USPS.Com site to calculate postage :)

Great idea. Thanks. And add the cost of a bubble wrap envelope too... Ok so check USPS for cost to post to hk then forward the cash instead?
Sounds alot easier!
Let me work on it
Mandy

Hong Kong huhh are you close to COH? If so send me a box of RASS and i'll send you all the seeds you want! ;)

Hi Mandyn

[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]I have two varieties of Scotch Bonnet and some Trinidad Scorpion, but has no way of receiving SASBE only accept an allowance to pay for shipping. Only by Paypal,has a chance?
Let me know soon.
Hugs.
Tuca[/background]

Ants ate your flowers? :think: Maybe I have something. I'll check when I get home unless someone else has already helped you out.

ok well it's been a month since my last pot.
I thought I should say that I have heard from two people on this side of the world who will send some seeds. If anyone else is willing to send me seeds, I would appreciate it very much

I actually resorted to buying some seeds from a nursey in UK, was getting desperate to get hold of scotch bonnet and scorpions seeds. So we will wait a see their fate ... perfect weather at the mo in Hong Kong for germination.

Thank everyone, I hope to be in the seeds exchange perhaps by the end of the year, fingers crossed!

mandy
In Hong Kong

Back