New Wendy's 4-alarm Chicken Sandwich (So Spicy)

Well, just got back...ugh, where to start. Well, the chicken was good, it was nice and moist. They used pickled jalapenos which gave it a bad taste in comparison to the rest of the sandwich...nasty. I did detect just a hint of Cayenne on the chicken. The Chipotle sauce does not taste at all of Chipotle, the romaine lettuce was just a chunk of spine with a little bit of leaf attached to it and I am 100% sure they pumped the tomatos full of red food dye. And the pepper jack cheese was more along the lines of just plain Jack cheese, I think I spotted one or two bits of pepper.

Taste: 4, Heat: 0.2783

jeeez you guys are harsh. granted we all know it wouldnt be such a great sandwich like you get in a better reustrant, but remember those would take 30min to get plus the meal would cost alot more.
but for what its worth the sandwich is still a good sandwich vs a big mac or whooper.
as for me both times I've had it the lettuce was lettuce the tomatoe was a tomatoe, granted the chipotle sauce didnt taste like true chipotle sauce but still not completely nasty either.

but like I said the heat was not there.
as for their hot chilli packets the only thing in there that would give off some spice is salt & xanthan gum (? if thats the right kind I wrote might be some other kind of word starting with X ) & I dont know what that xanthan gum is or does but its in some other hot sauces.

That xantham gum is just a thickening agent.

I tried the Wendy's chicken 4 alarm thing, and it was not bad, although I can't say that I will be getting another one. I got the thing medium sized and I think it was over 8 bucks for lunch. That is crazy. But the heat level was really not there IMO, the jalepinos are just for looks I think.

Ok.....i went there today and got one...WHAT A f**k..!!!!
the sandwich sucked....it was cold....and the heat was lost somewhere....come to Mr. D's and I'll fix you a HOT chix sandwich ...:)

Well...sounds like most of us took the bait, and I have to admit I almost did as well. I was going to get one on my way to the lab today (you can admonish me for working on a Saturday later) and it hit me when I was in the car...Wendy's got EXACTLY what they wanted. They sold an extra 10 sandwiches without having to spend a single cent. They don't care if we all pan it and say its not that good, they sold sandwiches and made money. In addition, there were probably some lurkers who went and tried it as well...hook-line-and sinker they got us. They got me too because I didn't eat any lunch rather than fall prey to their trap, but I'm the only one learning a lesson here though, I'm sure Wendy's didn't miss me.

Back