• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

newbie here, would appreciate help

POTAWIE said:
Carbonated water is also good if you're willing to spend the $$. Distilled water is "dead water" meaning that there is no nutrients and this certainly isn't necessary. I'm not sure about mineral water but I would assume there might be high salt content as there is in soda water.
I use low sodium water.
Some magnesium and so on, but nothing extreme.
It's the same water that feeds entire forests in north of Israel and endless types of plants.
I wouldn't let my plants drink anything but the best. ;)

This is what my plants get, 100% pure water:
banyas2824tifzx6.jpg

I hear you Grumpy. I lived not far away in Lindsay where the cemetary leaches into the drinking water source so the chlorine levels are ridiculous. I'm sure its no better in Peterborough.

well if there's magnesium and so on then technically it isn't 'pure' ;) but probably even better i bet...

potawie: oh its terrible, and people wonder why the bottled water industry is so huge...

why not get a filtration system ? then you'd have good clean water & most likely you'll be using fertilizers anyway. but other than that I'd say tap water is just fine. the area I live in it seems like theres a clean spring water reservior underground, the well water tastes just like bottled water & clean, the water that goes through the water softener tastes worse.

POTAWIE said:
I lived not far away in Lindsay where the cemetary leaches into the drinking water source so the chlorine levels are ridiculous.

that just dont sound good :sick: you hear about a city in california that has a system to recycle & filter ALL water, that includes toilet water :sick: & then send that water back into the water supply for everyone to use. the ick factor is soooo high on this :sick: this was on the news a couple weeks ago, its a new system they're starting up.

i never knew if brita type filters removed the chlorine or just somehow made the smell go away (as i'd heard) but i just looked it up and it does actually remove it, guess i'll go buy a brita...

Back