• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

newbie here

hello,
I've always liked hot peppers and did good growing mine outside.I answered a ad on craigslist for free pepper plants.They are potted and here is a list.Mustard habanero,red habanero,wht habanero,noronjo picante habanero,black conga habanero,giant jalapeno,naga viper,jays peach ghost scorpian,7pot johan,7pot primo,brain strain,cubanelle,red savvana,devils tongue,black nagg chilli. I need your help i want to keep them alive..any info i would like to hear.thanks.my email also is chfron11@yahoo.com. 

You can overwinter them. You will still need 3 or 4 cfl or grow lights. Cut them back 2/3 water one time a week. Feed once a month. Need a fan for the plants. Keep roots above 65, water ph 6 to 6.5. Look up on you tube overwintering peppers. A few people have advise. Welcome to the THP. Andrew

thanks, all the plants are doing good also he gave me one each of ghost pepper and one i think he said lemon habanero this guy had thousands of plants that he was growing it was  impressive wanted to pick is brains but he was leaveing that day any help on keeping seeds and getting them ready for planting this year would be helpful also.

wow Clover is right by Barnesboro and Hastings! Well I guess it is technically Northern Cambria these days, but I remember those towns well. Beautiful country up there! You will find all the info you need here. Plenty of PA guys around!
:welcome:

thanks for the info and the welcomes.looking forward to learning more about peppers ,like i said just starting out so far have made homemade salsa,relish and sauce with my peppers.looking to try and make my own hot sauce next.northern cambria is about a 10 min ride from my house and yes this area is very nice around this time is great.shout out to allentown my family comes from philly grew up in levittown,pa .me and my wife ran a company that would go to the shooting ranges in that area and clean up the spent shells for them and remove the lead for them.the areas around there where nice.

Back