wanted NEWBIE LOOKING FOR A HAND OUT

Live in phx area and the only thing hot out here is the weather so if any one could help id like find out what anything hotter then say sereno,habs taste like (idea)scotch bonnet ,that 7pad, choc habanero,red savana or any suggestions I havent tryed really anything hotter than a habanero well ive had naga jolokia(woo hot) but ya

Slow down for a minute. If there is one thing you should know about this community, it's that we are indeed EXTREMELY generous. But that generosity typically is extended to those who want to be a part of the community. This is your first post. We've had many people in the past ask for handouts and then leave. It gets pretty disheartening. So sit back, join the community, be an active contributor, make some friends. Then they'll be more apt to helping you out with this request.

But hey, you never know if you'll catch somebody here is feeling extra generous. Just don't be upset if nobody helps you out this time.

Slow down for a minute. If there is one thing you should know about this community, it's that we are indeed EXTREMELY generous. But that generosity typically is extended to those who want to be a part of the community. This is your first post. We've had many people in the past ask for handouts and then leave. It gets pretty disheartening. So sit back, join the community, be an active contributor, make some friends. Then they'll be more apt to helping you out with this request.

But hey, you never know if you'll catch somebody here is feeling extra generous. Just don't be upset if nobody helps you out this time.

+1

Serano
7pot
red Savina

But if you want to send me an SASBE, send me a PM, and I'll send you some Orange Hab, Red congo Trinidad, and red Caribbean.

If you stick it a bit, till harvest time, people are going to have more on hand ;) I for instance have little superhot seed. None I'm willing to share at the moment (other than what I've already promised out to a member or two).

Welcome, just a quick story to excite you. When I started I didn't know what to say and kinda made the same move that we see here. And got the same response. Wanting to be here certainly does have its benefits, and even tho I didn't immediately get what I wanted, I did get in on the first 10 person sasbe that I wanted to. And I was hooked. Bitten by the pepper bug if you will. Now I have over forty stains, and I only bought c of those :) the members here are VERY VERY generous! So stock around and I promise you will get what you seek young padowon :)
And a big thank you to everyone who has helped me on my journey as well, I feel like I've got a world wide group of some of the coolest friends around- peace, chef!

I agree, Just get some seeds , The pepper lover is a great source. and start growing. There is a wealth of information already posted here free for the reading. If you run into problems everyone on here will help you through it.I know they have helped me a lot! The learning is half the fun! Good luck!

My bad guy sorry for stepping on toes just got a little excited little overzealous to try a new pepper

No worries man! I am a "newbie" to this community and I have to say, this is the best set of people I have EVER run across!! It's like a HUGE extended family here. I work in the Navy and run across alot of people of all kinds and made some very good friends but this is different in a good way! Give it some time and you will see. In the mean time, try a local farmers market to get some different varieties. I know, atleast around here in VA, they have a pretty good selection of peppers other than Serano, Jalapeno's, and Hab's to try. It also, maybe to late to try to grow anything. You can also try Lowe, and Home Depot or some sort of Nursery to get some already grown plants to have some peppers for this year. PLUS, you can save the seeds from those for next year for possible trading. Just a thought. Don't get down and out about this, like previously said make some friends and show you are in this for the long haul and you can quote me on this "PEOPLE WILL HELP YOU OUT', hell, I will send some your way after i get a good inventory of seeds going. You won't find a better place for friends and advice than THP!!! Keep with it!!!!

I agree with roper2008. Pepperlover.com is a great place for seeds. You can also try the vender vault. Great guys with good seeds.

My local varieties good enough for you, send me you're addy, only have few left but it's good, also as other point out, THP is a learning and sharing place, i've been in your shoe as newbie and as always THP treated me like a gem, so all i ask is that if the seed grow, be sure to share them with other in need, because that what i'm going to do.

firditra sw

My bad guy sorry for stepping on toes just got a little excited little overzealous to try a new pepper

Don't worry about the elitist. I've been apart of some type/types of forum(s) since the mid 90's,and every forum has them. They also have their rules too. Which in time we will all learn. Just do you!
The nice ones will respond,and the others,well we know what they do. Heck you prob know some of those types in real life LOL :rofl:

Anyways,I'm a newbie myself,and luckily for me a buddy was already on this site. Gave me some seeds to plant,and later kill(haha). I also google'd different things using my city as a main reference. Again Luckily for me I met a nice guy by the name of Alabama Jack(very lucky imho). Who also helped to get me started! Although you can see the:Lets Dive in Head First ..Approach,ruffles some feathers(some even get butthurt). Once my Black Naga,7-pot Infinity,and Foodarama SB pod out...I'll def hook you up with seeds!!!

PM me,and we can get this hash'd out!

Oh and good luck this year everyone!
Especially the newbie's...may our casualties be minimal !!!
HAHA

Kyle

Don't worry about the elitist. I've been apart of some type/types of forum(s) since the mid 90's,and every forum has them. They also have their rules too. Which in time we will all learn. Just do you!
The nice ones will respond,and the others,well we know what they do. Heck you prob know some of those types in real life LOL :rofl:

Anyways,I'm a newbie myself,and luckily for me a buddy was already on this site. Gave me some seeds to plant,and later kill(haha). I also google'd different things using my city as a main reference. Again Luckily for me I met a nice guy by the name of Alabama Jack(very lucky imho). Who also helped to get me started! Although you can see the:Lets Dive in Head First ..Approach,ruffles some feathers(some even get butthurt). Once my Black Naga,7-pot Infinity,and Foodarama SB pod out...I'll def hook you up with seeds!!!

PM me,and we can get this hash'd out!

Oh and good luck this year everyone!
Especially the newbie's...may our casualties be minimal !!!
HAHA

Kyle

By no means did I intend to make my post sound "elitist" and if it was taken that way then do accept my apologies. And Smitty, no feathers were ruffled either. It's just that there have been numerous people who have come on here asking for handouts, only to receive them and then take off never to be seen again. Some do return however, just to ask for another handout. This community is not a place just to come and get free stuff. We want you to be actively involved and contribute. An elitist would tell you to get lost. I'm saying, be part of this community, make friends. We want you to stick around. And indeed, some members will be happy to help you out regardless of how involved you are with the community. I myself have helped out in that fashion. It's just better for the community as a whole if we get as many people as possible to actively contribute.

Again apologies if I came across harshly. It was not my intentions.

I must have a different view of elitism as well.

The original poster, in his enthusiasm for trying out new peppers, came onto the forums and was asking for a handout in his first post. Really not the best approach in any forum or in real world situations from what I've seen, although the enthusiasm is nice...LOL.

The second post was advising to slow down, and presented better ways to obtain the same results. Some of the other subsequent posts were echoing the same.

The folks here are very generous with seeds, plants, peppers and more importantly, advice. But it does help to have manners and be polite. If stating that in a polite manner is considered elitism, then even as a newb, count me as one as well.

Edit: just wanted to add that I only have plants at the moment, but if the OP is still here when I start getting some pods/seeds, I'll be glad to work something out for a SASBE...

I don't have any seeds right now, but will tell you a little story that happened about 4 years ago...

There was this guy that was fairly new to the forum...and one of the first things that happened was he wanted to start a "seed train"...a bunch of us jumped on board and it was going well...I was next in line to get the package after this guy and it had a lot of different varieties that I wanted/needed....long story short...no one has heard from him since he received the package...poof...he just disappeared...

So the old saying once burned twice shy definitely applies here...

As has been said, welcome to the forum....kick back, read lots of posts on germination, lighting, growing, containers, fertilize, etc....there is more knowledge here on this website about all things "pepper" than any other site I have found and if you have a question you can not find the answer, ask...somebody here knows the answer...

+1 AJ. Right again. As usual. Ha! I'm learning about the peppers I want to grow, Smitty. How to start, feed, care for, etc... This forum is a great place to learn the no BS way of making the hobby pay off. Heck, it's even funny! You will get a "hand up" and not a "hand out" here in THP.

Looking forward to your videos showing you swallowing those napalm pods...

Back