• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

newbie question

I was given some seeds, but didnt get around to planting them. should I save them in some special fashion to start them next year? Do they keep?

they should keep in a small baggie till next year. Some people put them into paper bags and store them in the fridge but I just keep mine in little paper envelopes and sitting on my shelf in the office.

Celeste said:
I was given some seeds, but didnt get around to planting them. should I save them in some special fashion to start them next year? Do they keep?

Welcome Cele! Just keep them dry and store them in a ziplock and they should be fine!

Hokay! Thanks guys!

I'm starting to get excited. I have a neighbor that hates EVERYTHING I do with my yard.

I talked to the very nice building inspector- and he said I could grow ANYTHING I wanted (well, thats legal, I'm sure).

Since I figure the best revenge is living well, I am going to plant stuff I like. I'm thinking salsa garden!

I am going to see if I can work into the budget some of those large square pots they put decorative flowers in, to grow vegatables ('cause who knows whats in the clay based soil in the urban yard?)

So, more newbie questions.

Where do I start ?:rolleyes:

I am assuming with what kind of soil I need to put in the pots? fertilizer?

links to threads where folk have asked this before so I can do lots of reading this winter?

then I need to know how to get them started in January?

I have some ten gallon aquariums not being used for anything. I thought they might be good mini green houses for starting seeds.

Back