• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Next to My Chair - Bowls of Bonnets

Starting chili peppers here next to my chair in my little library again! :dance:
This one-windowed room at the southeast corner started as a place to read quietly and store my books. Over the last few years it's become not only my refuge, but also a WFH office, a light workshop, and a productive year-round indoor garden. The place has become commensurately cluttered and is badly in need of an exceptionally ruthless purge, so I fished out an old shot of a tidier time to head this year's glog on our spiffy new forum. (Siv's plant!!) (So spartan!) Ah..
It looks more like some hermit's rat hole in a cyberpunk novel now, lol. You'll see it eventually, I'm sure.

20190602-161429.jpg

I've got enough superhot powder stocked up to go to war and I luurve Scotch Bonnets, so I'm going to grow mostly bonnets this year. I've got some good ones. These seeds went into the germinator after this photo. I've also got a TFM and a Zapotec jap I'm overwintering, so seven chili pepper plants this year. I'll start some cucamelon seeds, too, when my new tent arrives.

20220213-161610.jpg

Really looking forward to the HSH and the Marabella - both were gorgeous plants with gorgeous pods last year. Thanks again @JGBaxter59 for the caramel beast seeds!

Some inspirational bowls. Mmm.. I can just taste them..

bowlsofbonnets.jpg

Good luck this year, everybody! Thanks for stopping by. :)

Last edited:
Super! 😍

I can already imagine all those SB plants at the size of that one plant, all located next to your chair! 😄

That's one beautiful specimen you're growing, next to your chair 😋. What do you use as a grow light?

Some great choices there, Unc. Hope it's good season for you.

Thankee, sir! Same to you!

Super! 😍

I can already imagine all those SB plants at the size of that one plant, all located next to your chair! 😄

That's one beautiful specimen you're growing, next to your chair 😋. What do you use as a grow light?

Well, they'll all go outside come May. They'll grow on the deck again. I don't grow peppers next to my chair year round anymore, just seedlings in the spring. I'd meant to have a raised bed ready for this season, but I've put it off another year. I'm building a fish tank this year instead! :D

That's Siv's plant! She was an experiment to see how big I could grow a chili plant indoors. Urged on by our friends - principally @Siv - I attempted to save her rather than just cut her down when she got bigger than I could manage (and aphids). I ended up torturing her to death; there's still a bare spot in my lawn at the east side of the house. I think I had two lights on her.. one must have been one of my HLG V2s. The other was probably the crappy loud China light I started with.

Always enjoy your grows Unk. Best of luck this season!

Nice to see you back at it Unc - looking forward to both your grow and any new Sci Fi book recommendations you may have :)

Thanks, guys!

Sure thing!
Hard: The Sparrow by Mary Doria Russell. First Contact and a crisis of faith. This book is upsetting, but you won't regret it once you've digested it. There's a sequel.

Space opera: the Hyperion Cantos by Dan Simmons. This is a scope and scale adventure like no other. Read it once and you'll love that girl for the rest of your life. Four books. Say hi to Uncle Martin for me. ;)

Had to put two more HSH seeds in the germinator - both of the first two failed to sprout. Everybody else is up.

Back