• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Nice Fat Manzano Bush

hogleg said:
Intrigued, hows the copper wire done? i have a snail trying to get at one of my manzanos.
Take a 14ga copper wire and coil it around the base of the stem few times. Make sure to do it in a way that will allow for expansion up to 3".

The snail's mucus has a reaction to the copper. Think of the taste of a penny in your mouth as a child, metallic. When a snail touches copper it will literally retract and turn around.
I have tested this my self and it SAVED my Butch T
Before the copper It had not a single leaf on it! And now just 2 weeks later it looks like this.

IMG_20140511_220838_zps972eb2f5.jpg

Cayennemist said:
So in 2012 I gave my landscaper a Manzano because he told me they are his favorite pepper.
He has an office/shop across the street from my house. I told him that if he planted it there I would help take care of it along with my plants.

Last year I got big in to AACT and started foliar feeding my plants with it. Well when I would hit my front yard, naturally I would cross the street and get the manzano as well.

This is in a condo/duplex complex where everybody has access lol. The fun part is that we never told anyone what we were doing and now we have a Monster plant taking over and it is becoming obvious. At the tippy top of the few branches sticking up its about 7' and it is got to be at least 8' wide. Thought it was a fun little story I would share

This is today 5/6/2014​
IMG_20140506_133255_zps8c817e67.jpg
 ​
IMG_20140506_133304_zpsd5e43133.jpg
 ​
And did I mention this sucker is all organic?​
 ​
This is my buddy Shaun the landscaper on 4/28, I'd say he is about 5'11"​
 ​
 ​
downsized_0416041114_zps45159c23.jpg
Dam​
Damn Nice Plant

Do you have any support on that plant.  Trellis or anything like that?  I was worried about mine, as they seem like they have pretty thin branches and may not be able to support themselves as they spread out. 
What a plant!  Great pictures.

bpwilly said:
Do you have any support on that plant.  Trellis or anything like that?  I was worried about mine, as they seem like they have pretty thin branches and may not be able to support themselves as they spread out. 
What a plant!  Great pictures.

That plant is NOT supposed to be there :shh: So too much trellising may draw some unwanted HOA attention.

OK, first things first.​
Can we move this post into Glogs? I think I may just continue this as a glog if it is OK with the mods.​
 ​
Well here are the few I got so far​
20140603_200159_zpsxemrpr7c.jpg
In to the freezer and when I get enough I will make a jelly.​

mlh5953 said:
Nice pods!
Thanks!

ColdSmoke said:
The thing I'm most impressed with is how you're harvesting quarters from a pepper plant. 
I wish!

dash 2 said:

If that plant gets any bigger, it's gonna start spitting out stacks of hundreds!
No just loads of pods. :dance:

​
Round 2
 ​
20140618_211323_zpsm5wfatmg.jpg
 ​
That one has a green ass cheek ;)
 ​
20140618_211236_zpsbjsvzfc5.jpg
 ​
Not a bad harvest for June :P

swellcat said:
How is a "mountain chile" thriving to such monstrous proportions in Zone Ten Bravo, the Outskirts of Hell or somewhere near the molten core of Earth, near as I can calculate it?

It sits on the north side of a building getting only am sun.

So has this thing taken over the neighborhood yet? Pics, please!  :D
     Also, I'm going to be brewing my first batch of tea tomorrow and I want to be reminded of what I have to look forward to! 

Unfortuneatly the zone 10 summer is catching up with her. She is spitting out lots of pods but not getting any bigger. Im a firm believer that these plants like sub70s weather. But i got a brown 7 thats trying to catch up.

Ill post pictures after i get off work.

Back