• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Nocturnal Chewer of Tomato and Tomatillo Leaves

fksnkk.jpg

Anyone recognize these?  Length is about 5/16 to 3/8 of an inch.  They've been seen only at night.

Location of the outdoor grow is north Texas, zone 7B-8A.

_____

Goodness - those are some ugly buggers. They look like they could be bark beetles to me. Check out buglogical.com if you're interested in getting beneficial insects to stop them. 

Check out buglogical.com if you're interested in getting beneficial insects to stop them.

Thanks.  I'm fortunate enough to have a natural abundance of green lacewings, ladybugs, and wasps, plus a few mantises and mockingbirds.  The cutworms and these handsome beetles are conducting night ops and evading detection.

_____

Agree with geeme that they're definitely some ugly buggers. They look like some type of weevil to me though.
Edit-didn't realize bark beetles were weevils lol. 

Those are some ugly dudes. At first I thought that was a picture of toad poop. Actually, if you had some toads in your garden, I bet they would eat those things since they both are active at night.

toads=good

Back