• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

music Noise/Anti-Music

Anyone here into Noise and Anti-Music?

I got into it alot in LA about 2 years ago and did a little circuit bending. Now that I've moved back to Cleveland I find that there's this HUGE underground Noise music scene and have been going to about a show every week/every other week.

At the last show I went to three days ago I thought to myself. Why the hell aren't I up there performing. Then a little voice in the back of my head replied, "Ya, why aren't you". Tomarrow I'm bringing out the amp and attaching all my peddles to see what I can do....

I like this stuff....

Throbbing Gristle
Non
The Haters
Whitehouse
Coil
The Bordoms
Einsturzende Neubaten
Todd

Not sure if that's what you're talking about though

I remember bands like Merzbow, Deathpile, Richard Ramirez, Murder Corporation, Hollow Earth, Blunt Force Trauma, Bad Sector.... from some years ago, but I haven't really followed that scene recently and have no idea who's still around. I created a few tracks myself that turned out pretty good I think (if I may say so), but I can't find them anymore.:(

DevilDuck said:
Best "Noise" album ever....

Lou Reed - "Metal Machine Music".

I do like that album. I've only heard it once though. Supposedly it was a bit of a joke; Reed made this double album of feedback to get out of a record contract in which he was still obligated to make 2 records.

nevertheless, I find it "soothing"///:lol:

Einsturzende Neubaten, saw them at the Filmore in San Francisco 2000! Bloody Brilliant. They play Malaga this month, going to see em, can't wait! Boredoms.....love em too!

Biscombe said:
Einsturzende Neubaten, saw them at the Filmore in San Francisco 2000! Bloody Brilliant. They play Malaga this month, going to see em, can't wait! Boredoms.....love em too!

Man, I'd love to see Neubaten.

I saw MISSING FOUNDATION in Houston back in the late 80s. I was lucky to get out of that show with out a bleeding wound!

Is anyone familiar with CRASH WORSHIP? I used to hang with those folks. Noise music set to a very intense tribal beat. Sort of an orgiastic Dionysian ritual. Lots of fireworks, nudity, madness. Their shows were always quite an event.

A lot of bands have tried to copy what they do but I don't think they have ever been equaled.

video:

imaguitargod said:
Bah, stongly disaggree with that ablum. I think that was a contractually obligated one.

Yes, Lou Reed was pissed at his record label and wanted out of the contract but...they were holding him to it.

So... He set up 4 Marshall full stacks and turned everything to 10. Then he set up 4 separate 4 track recorders that were started at different times, so they weren't synced up. Dump all of that down to two tracks (stereo) and that's the album.

However, it was a HUGE hit in Japan. The Japanese even played it in the airport when he arrived to "promote" it.

I even think the US military uses it to train code breakers. They play it for trainees to see if they can pick out any repeating patterns.

Back