• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in Startup Help.

bottling Noob bottler here tonight

nullcrc

eXtreme
Salutations all,

Pardon, busy night with after hours work (I'm in IT and thought sure, tonight would be a great time to try bottling hot sauce in Woozy bottles, while on-call, and during a scheduled site outage).

I whipped up a recipe today that, I think, I got from this site, so kudos to whomever I got it from. Regardless, not sure I did the bottling right.

The Blueberry Sriracha Hot Sauce (that I tweaked in heat and pH), I made ended up with a pH of 3.27 before bottling in 5oz Woozy bottles. The recipe stated, to pastuerize, cook bottles @160F for 10m, then increase to 180F for 10m, then flip bottles for 3 minutes.

I flipped for 3 minutes and immediately took pot off burner while bottles remained. I admit, I did not think this through on step three of the inversion. Yes, I will be doing googlefu on this, but is there an easier way to keep them inverted? I can always redo the processing (with the pH I am thinking), so just looking for any tips or pointers in the right direction.

Back