Nor Cal

Just started growing peppers at the end of this last summer. I used to buy Habaneros at the grocer but figured "hey they're full of seeds, why not try" so I have about 7 or 8 Hab plants and one red Thai pepper plant that is further along (just bloomed). Do the Hab pepper plants grow shorter? Mine are growing leaves but not growing up like the Thai did. Will the Habs flower? Good to find some pepper folks.

Just started growing peppers at the end of this last summer. I used to buy Habaneros at the grocer but figured "hey they're full of seeds, why not try" so I have about 7 or 8 Hab plants and one red Thai pepper plant that is further along (just bloomed). Do the Hab pepper plants grow shorter? Mine are growing leaves but not growing up like the Thai did. Will the Habs flower? Good to find some pepper folks.

Hey there AceDeuce,
Greetings from Santa Cruz.
It seems that some C. Chinese peppers tend to grow quite squat with tight inter nodal spacing, I wouldn't worry so much though, just plan for a slightly longer growing period. Where in norcal are you? im going to have a ton of plants for donation in a month or so...

Welcome from Austin Texas.

May Your Soul Rest In Peppers

HERE

4386562877_0488df8fc1.jpg

NJA

I hope to grow some short peppers. I just had a hab germinate ystrdy. I placed it in soil and when it breaks the surface, if it manages to stay alive, I will be quite happy because it will increase my pepper species to 3 :onfire: My other two pepper species seem to be leggy so I want a squat/bushy pepper plant.

Back