• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Not the call I wanted to respond to

alkhall said:
Disturbing; that is all, just f-ing disturbing.

The leak or the pickle princess?

tctenten said:
You deserve a pickle.

I gots one!!  ;)

Lovepeppers said:
Hopefully your plants are safe.

Fortunately yes.  My rocotos were a bit on the wilty side when I got home though.

D3monic said:
looks like it's already been patched once before. Just wrap some duct tape on it and backfill

Our crew has spent over 80 hours repairing this line.  There are a couple of sections that are nothing but repair bands.  The decision was to just replace it, and what sucks the most is that in 4 months its going to be replaced again because we're installing a new water main.  :confused:

Lovepeppers said:
How hot is it where your at? Do you keep a shade cloth over them?

They're just little seedlings I have under a grow light in my living room.  I just hadn't watered them in a couple of days.  Right now the weather is pretty cold and windy, and we had ice last night on the roads.

Are you a city employee?
We had a 36 inch water main that broke couple weeks ago! One hell of a job in freezing temp , just to empty that area of the pipe took like 9hours!
I work for a city outside montreal, a fun job!

louis-123 said:
Are you a city employee?
We had a 36 inch water main that broke couple weeks ago! One hell of a job in freezing temp , just to empty that area of the pipe took like 9hours!
I work for a city outside montreal, a fun job!

Yes I am!  I work for a city of about 95,000 in the Portland area of Oregon.  The biggest leak I fixed was on a 24 inch transmission main.  Our biggest sized pipe is 36in and that's what comes directly from the treatment plant.

Scoville DeVille said:
It could always be worse.

Two words...

Sewer Lines.

:D

Been there my friend.  That's why I work on the drinking water side now!

I'm assuming that picture was taken before the mandatory shoring was in place....

That leak would make a hellova sink hole!

Oh Yes.  The new water service was tapped and brought up to a more shallow depth so that we didn't have t run shoring all the way.  That would have been a real pain. 

Back