• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

NOw what have we here ??

In my short time growing peppers I've seen a lot of pests and plant problems but this is new:

weird1.jpg

weird2.jpg

weird3.jpg

This leaf was taken from a nagabon seedling at the back of the greenhouse that don't get much attention. Just this one leaf exhibited these symptoms, couldn't even see a trace on any of the others (nor on any of my other seedlings or mature plants in the same greenhouse). Those with a keen eye will notice an aphid on there. I have a mild infestation in the greenhouse, ladybugs are battling it as we speak. Leaf had maybe 5 aphids on it with a few more on the rest of the plant (don't know if that might be relevant)

Any idea what would cause this? Whatever the white is it seems to be growing out of the leaf, at least it does not readily scrape of.

Most of the other plants also have aphids though, some more than this guy, and none are exhibiting these kinds of symptoms. Can a small handful of aphids cause that kind of damage?

isolate the plant away from others... could be mites ... fungal like rust..

trips usually damage the veins of the leave...

Yes I isolated it already. I was hoping there was something I could do for the plant though, I've only got 4 nagabon seedlings. Already got rid of the few aphids that were hanging around on it

Yes I isolated it already. I was hoping there was something I could do for the plant though, I've only got 4 nagabon seedlings. Already got rid of the few aphids that were hanging around on it
treat them for aphids and mites infestation and see how it goes.

I think it might be whitefly eggs, or it could just be aphid damage. This was my first year dealing with whiteflies and they are pesky. I was able to control them spinosad and safer 3 in 1. Yellow sticky traps may work too.

Back