• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Now What the Heck?

Here's the top of the leaf:

IMG_4732re.jpg

Here is the underside:

IMG_4734re.jpg

The plan is a Red Savina and it was potted in a mix of peat, coco coir and Miracle Gro potting mix.

Thanks folks.

I think it looks like simple sun scalding of the leaves. Have your plants been outside in direct sun lately Patrick? If so they will recover when new leaves form.

I would have said sun scar as well. If they are fresh out of the grow chamber and given direct sunlight straight away, and for to long, this can happen...

I'm not expert though...

Still in my little greenhouse folks, no sun.

I got to thinking that they may be starving. The only nutrients they have came with the MG potting mix and they're slow release. When these plants are young and growing hard they may need an immediately available source of nutrients. How's that sound?

I did a simple pH test and it appears to be in the 6 - 7 range so that's good. I'm going to feed them some liquid fert and see what happens. Wish me luck.

thepodpiper said:
Are you saying it has no nuts?

Dale

Actually, it might. In order to determine if a plant is male/female there actually has to be DNA testing to determine that. There only only a select few plants (actually four or five I believe) that display specific sex orgines and just a few of them are; Pot, Hops.

Some speculate this is proof that these plants are not of our planet.

PhatManDerek said:
Nope, Iggy has posted so that's ruled out!

Oh hey Iggy :)

.....Igg suggested that you had a nitrogen problem, thus a nutrient problem.....

You suggested that merely because IGG has posted on this thread, you have no nutrient problem........

Am I missing something?

This kinda looks like it.

Dale

Potassium Deficiency on Alfalfa

slide19.jpg
Potassium deficiency symptoms on alfalfa are whitespots on the edges of lower, older leaves.

Ex smoker, quit for almost four years now.

I used a couple of those pH test strips where you match the colors and it was in the 6-7 range so that would be about perfect right? I fed them with some M.G. last night, the moist powder stuff mixed in water. I'm going to give it a couple of days to see if that had any positive effect. Not sure what to do if it doesn't.

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate your help.

Can Miracle Gro expire? The stuff I have is several years old and may not be feeding the plants like fresh fert would.

My plants are not getting any better, a couple seem to be getting worse and more of them are showing the same symptoms. I'm thinking I've got some type of mosaic virus. I'm bummed big time.

Some one mentioned a possible iron deficiency so I'll try fixing that next.

im a heavy snus user (tobacco under the lip) and get wet tobacco on my fingers everyday allday, so its hard to remember to keep the hands clean from tobacco everytime i do something in my garden, well, ive had some plants with this look, and i believe its tmv after looking on my different pictures of sick plants, and i believe its what youre plants are also having. They can have gotten it without you being a smoker, it can be present in the seed package, the medium, or other plants. If not tmv, i believe its some other kind of virus, but not deficency or over/underwatering, pH problem etc.

I hope you will find a solution, maybe isolating the plant, or discarding it and the medium - and not in the compost, is the best way? Good luck.

Thanks lavish.

I think I'll just let them go and see what happens. I have over 100 of them ranging from just breaking the soil to over a foot tall. Going to be tough keeping a positive attitude if I lose all of them. What a drag.

Back