• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

pics Nursery Pics as of today....

Hey everyone...Just wanted to upload some pics to show the progress we are making thus far. So heres some of what we have been up to and a sneak peek at the future as well!! I have had several people ask for this on our FB page as well as on here. So here goes!! Enjoy :) Feedback is ALWAYS welcome :)

NuMex Twilight
IMAG0624.jpg

Orange Habanero
IMAG0626.jpg

Billy Boy Douglah
IMAG0628.jpg

California Bell Green/Red
IMAG0631.jpg

Black Pearl
IMAG0634.jpg

Chilly Chili
IMAG0635.jpg

Tri Color Variegata
IMAG0637.jpg

Chocolate Habanero Hybrid
IMAG0638.jpg

Isolated Trinidad Scorpions...2 other rooms just like it not pictured..
IMAG0643.jpg

The Future of Baker's Peppers!! 35 different types of seeds just planted!! I know what your thinking..in October??? Yup!! Gotta Love Florida!! Everything from Purple Bhuts to Chocolate Trinidad Scorpions and everything in between!! Thanks to the help of my fellow THP.com friends!! Next year is going to be CRAZY!!! Just wait and see!!
IMAG0620.jpg

Just wanted to give a quick run through of some of what we are doing..didnt want to show it all...gotta maintain "some" element of suprise right?!?! :) Theres more but it wouldnt let me upload more pics in one post...lol

Looking good dale. Have to get back over there one of these days and shoot the shat. Looking forward to some cooler nights coming up. We need to go catching too. Stop by soon.

Bud

Looking good dale. Have to get back over there one of these days and shoot the shat. Looking forward to some cooler nights coming up. We need to go catching too. Stop by soon.

Bud

Absolutely!! Stop by anytime Bud...well call first so i make sure im at the nursery....lol and we FOR SURE gotta wet a line soon!! The Redfish are calling our names!!

That's right....I like everyone knowing they are over on the east coast of Florida!! That means my secret spots are SAFE from the masses!! :)

Dale,

Nice start with your ornamentals and your super-hots...

Here in Chicago during the springtime, 2gal. trade containers fetch $12 for the unique hot peppers.

You're on the roll to make some nice "Loot"

Good luck....and post some more close-up photos, as they produce

Greg

Thanks Greg! All the support from everyone on this site has really given us here at Baker's Peppers something to smile about! We hope we can be the nursery that our friends here and worldwide can turn to for all their SUPER hot needs! :) We are somewhat new to the pepper business but we have been in the nursery business at this same location for almost 59 years now :) We as a nursery, as a family, and as friends want to thank everyone for their continued support! Thanks again!! Dale from Baker's Peppers :) Oh yeah...almost forgot...I'm busy being thankful and forgot....lol I will constantly update pics and progress of our operation...through here...our website...and on FB as well...thanks again too Greg...its people like u that have shown us that there is a bright future for our nursery and our business! Thanks to EVERYONE!!

Wow, awesome pictures, helps get through end-o-season coming soon here blues.

Question--your starting mix looks way coarse--I was under the impression (delusion?) the seedlings prefer a fine growing medium to start to encourage root ball formation. Without revealing trade secrets, what can you say about your mix ingredients and your initial fert regimen?

(Aww, go ahead and reveal the secrets...we won't tell anybody else.... :cool: )

Here at Baker's Peppers we use a 40% pine bark, 30% peat, and 30% soil (fafard) mixture. Some say I may be crazy, but this is just what works best for us down here in Tampa, Fl. :)

Here at Baker's Peppers we use a 40% pine bark, 30% peat, and 30% soil (fafard) mixture. Some say I may be crazy, but this is just what works best for us down here in Tampa, Fl. :)

That's a good mix,
I purchase bags of fafards from a nearby nursery, they have a "custom black bag mix" made special for the greenhouses, and they're nice enough to sell me what I need .
I use many bags of it through the winter grow...
Use to use Baccto...but its a little on the fluffy side.

That's a good mix,
I purchase bags of fafards from a nearby nursery, they have a "custom black bag mix" made special for the greenhouses, and they're nice enough to sell me what I need .
I use many bags of it through the winter grow...
Use to use Baccto...but its a little on the fluffy side.
Fafard is great stuff. I used to use it religiously before I started blending my own super soils. I always added more perilte though. I love my aerators :)

Actually, thats where the pine bark comes into play..it keeps just the right amount of air for the roots to breath a bit and as well as acting as a great way to keep the soil well drained to prevent root rot. Both are big factors of growing down here in Florida. The air is very humid already and root rot can become an issue if not WELL drained. Which in turn means they require more water and watering more often as well, but well worth the effort for beautiful plants and peppers!! Wait...I have said to much already....LOL Cant GIVE away all the secrets...............

Back