• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Nutrient Problem?

Hi, First time posting, been kinda lurking the forums for a few months. Anyways I was wondering if anyone could give me a little advice on my current situation with my plants. Im having problems with my soil plants. The top leaves are starting to curl down and seem kinda bumpy/crunchy on the taller plant and the tips of some of the runts have turned dark brown and no longer produce new leaves from the tip. Is this a calcium problem or a over/under fert problem?
My hydro plants are doing great tho. Switched them over from soil a week ago and the roots are going crazy.

img20130116064442.jpg

img20130116210413.jpg

img20130116210434.jpg

img20130116210443.jpg

I have been fighting a few batches of aphids on the plants on the right tray of plants that are also having the tip problems so im guessing you are right sir, thankyou. been using a soap water oil spray but have Azamax on the way. I just barely watered the plants yesterday and without really thinking i used the same nutrients i use in my hydro setup but i might of got the ratio a just a tad strong so a couple hours ago watered them with plain filtered water (32 ppm) to flush some of the nutes out.

Light is 2, 4ft T8's, temps are 79 degrees as the high, and 75 degrees as the low, the humidity is 39%

The light is aboute 18 inches away from plants so its far from too close. I also keep a fan blowing on them most of the day.

When i gave them nutes yesterday i fed the lot of plants with 2 quarts of water with 1 tsp each of the General Hydroponics Micro/Grow/Bloom. Which now that im thinking about it they suggest that much per gallon.

Not sure if it helped, but when attempting to flush them but i collected the run off water that was 32 ppm with a 8.0 ph (filtered tap) and got half as much out the bottom and it read 280 ppm with a 6.5 ph.

Aphids will do that too, I assumed you would have already noticed them (which you did, obviously) since they are bigger. They will explode in population if you don't aggressively treat the infestation. I hate aphids!

Yeah, its my fault to. Tried overwintering a couple plants and they infested my grow room with these tiny black flies and a aphids in the basement. So tossed those plants then tried to start with a clean slate so i cleaned the grow room out and planted a bunch of seedlings, all has been well till the temps dropped below 50 degrees in basement, so moved them to my closet. seems like once a week i find a couple seedlings covered with aphids now so i kill them off and a week later they are back, now i keep finding 2 tiny flies flying around. I keep a fan on them and it seems to help keep things at bay as well as speed up the time it takes for soil to dry out and stiffen the seedlings. Cant wait for the Azamax to show up tho..

Hi, First time posting, been kinda lurking the forums for a few months. Anyways I was wondering if anyone could give me a little advice on my current situation with my plants. Im having problems with my soil plants. The top leaves are starting to curl down and seem kinda bumpy/crunchy on the taller plant and the tips of some of the runts have turned dark brown and no longer produce new leaves from the tip. Is this a calcium problem or a over/under fert problem?
My hydro plants are doing great tho. Switched them over from soil a week ago and the roots are going crazy.

img20130116210413.jpg

in this pic it looks like edema you can see the blisters on the leaf showing the bottom

I'd say that your light is too far away for one and also possible over watering is a cause.Plus you stated you had bug problems and might of overfed them as well. You may have burned them from nutes or your spray, is also a possibility when looking at the tips.You prolly want that light like around 6" to 8" above your plants to prevent stretching

I'm thinking the drooping is caused by over watering and perhaps maybe too much ferts causing the brown edges on the leaves. If you have found aphids on any plant chances are they will be on others.

Back