event NWCF IS ALMOST HERE! LETS TALK ABOUT FOOD!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Teaser-

Each year, anyone that has a good or interesting sauce/salsa they want to share (commercial or home made), or fresh pods of all sorts, brings it along and we put it all out on a taste testing table.

Here's a paritial picture of last year's table-
6e8d6c84.jpg

Here's a few of the goodies I've been hoarding to take over and share-
ba1572d6.jpg

including, but not limited to- HBD Cardiff Giant, Defcon1 & HabbyHorse, Lucky Dog, Red Hawk, Cappy's Brain Strain sauce and extract, Incinerator, homemade jalapeno mashes, pickled peppers, candied habaneros, assorted test batches.

I am planning on picking up a few growlers of some Southern California local breweries there is one brewery here that has some stellar bourbon barrel aged beers that are amazing. There probably won't be enough for anyone to indulge, but there should be enough for those interested to get a nice taster.

Hey Nmorris, whats going on buddy? I have a campsite that originally I was going to rent a camper for the family and I. Sadly, situations beyond my control forced me not to bring the family so I decided to skip on the camper and just tent it (am I still good for using the tent Ann?). Anyways, if they allow 2 tents on one site then feel free to camp out on my site. Seeing as its just me, there should be ample room for you to post up tent. Its an offer, just let me know whats up. In either case, hope to see you there.
Aaron

nmorris, that's a generous offer.

Aaron, I'll bring the big tent, you guys can figure the rest of it out.

Jerret called me up yesterday, telling me that he would be participating in the special challenge at NWCF. Last night, I dreamt I was eating popcorn spiked with drops of pure capsaicin extract. Even in my dream, my mouth burned so bad that it went numb.

Weird.

Is it real or is it Memorex????

:lol: That's funny, JH.

NMorris, don't get busted trafficing hooch across state lines, but do it!
Tasters are awesome. Thanks for thinking of it!
The camping sitch will work out fine.

JuanH, hang out with SL more than a few times and those nightmares become a reality. True story.

Hey Nmorris, whats going on buddy? I have a campsite that originally I was going to rent a camper for the family and I. Sadly, situations beyond my control forced me not to bring the family so I decided to skip on the camper and just tent it (am I still good for using the tent Ann?). Anyways, if they allow 2 tents on one site then feel free to camp out on my site. Seeing as its just me, there should be ample room for you to post up tent. Its an offer, just let me know whats up. In either case, hope to see you there.
Aaron

Sounds good man. My tent is really small too. It is my backpacking tent, so it won't take up much room. I'll be there for sure. If we cannot have two tents, I have a van I could sleep in. Either way, I'll be there!

Uh Oh! The NW Pack is getting growly! :WOOT: Awesome, Mega---, Last year Sam (I think) brought a growler of chipotle beer. That was...interesting.....beer.

Just a heads up, since most are reading the thread right now... When the weekend actually arrives, I will ask this thread to be closed and will start another thread for all the travel stories, pics, behind the scenes. etc. When referring to the NWCF in the future, we can link to the new thread with all the good stuff, and skip reading through 16 pages of discussions.

That would be awesome Spokane man. I am really interested in seeing what WA has to offer in the way of microbrews. The area I live in is crawling with breweries. I think thats what I'll miss the most.

Sheesh, we have 2 breweries and a winery in the Methow Valley, with a full time resident population of about 2,500,

and 2 cidermaking companies, and a creamery, 2 hot sauce/salsa companies, 4 coffee roaster, 2 bakeries that ship out products, a grain farm, numerous ranches for cattle, sheep/lamb, goats, an actual butcher shop....

LOL SL! That makes our sleepy little Valley sound like quite the enterprising hot spot! Which it is!!!! Fun to see it all written out like that!

Maybe I can score some brew from Aaron at the Twisp Pub! I wonder if he still has pony kegs.....

That would be awesome Spokane man. I am really interested in seeing what WA has to offer in the way of microbrews. The area I live in is crawling with breweries. I think thats what I'll miss the most.
the area you are moving to is also littered with micro breweries. we shall discuss this at length over a pint very soon my friend

Sorry, guys, that came out wrong. I was trying to tell nmorris that he'll not have any problems finding breweries, and other treasures up here in Washington. I should of said..."If our little valley has (all this), imagine what you'll find over in Bremerton."

More teasers-
025e5a49.jpg

Oh, yea....P-BOMBS! and another bag of goodies, not sure what that one is-
a380378b.jpg

Hooch~ ;)
af71132b.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back