• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

nz newbie update!!!!!

Greetings everyone!

A few months ago I introduced myself and posted some pics of my plants. Many of you were kind enough to welcome me and give feedback on how my plants were looking, so I figure I might as well show you all how my plats are doing a few months on.
My setup is pretty budget due to the fact that I am a broke student. I am basically using the cheapest compost I could buy and am growing the plats in $2 buckets with holes drilled in the bottom. I am using a diluted tomato fert, in combination with some stuff I got to aid the flowing process, that is intended for citrus trees, but seems to be doing the trick! Luckily it has been a bloody hot summer here in New Zealand, which should last until March.
Anyways, here are the pics:

Here is my Hab Red, which has finally started flowering today
M01A0261.jpg

My Jalapeno, which currently has 10 fruit growing and lots more coming
M01A0262.jpg

Tabasco, starting to grow fruit and has plenty of flowers
M01A0263.jpg

Sweet Banana, have already picked a few fruit of this plant
M01A0264.jpg

Hungarian Yellow - Plant is rather small, probably should have let it grow larger before it flowered, but oh well
M01A0267.jpg

Five Super Chili plants - are starting to flower and fruit like crazy!
M01A0268.jpg

A close up of one of the Super Chili
M01A0270.jpg

A purple Capsicum Plant, or Bell Pepper as it is known in the states
M01A0272.jpg

And this plant I purchased is called a "Wildfire Chili".. Have searched the net and this forum and can't find out anything about this variety, I am sure it must be some other variety that the nursery I got it from made up a label for??
M01A0265.jpg

Here is a pic of the fruit it is producing (at an early stage)
M01A0266.jpg

Anyone have any ideas what it might be??? The plant looks similar to the Tabasco plant I have altho less bushy and is starting to spread out at the top.

Anyways, cheers everybody, any feedback is welcome!!

Wow Those plants like you and what you're doing.
Your compost seems to be doing well.
What is that stuff used to aid the flowering?

Cheers man... The stuff I am using is called "Fruit & Flower Power (Sulphate of Potash Magnesia)".... basically is is a large jar of soluble crystals that I spread around the top of the soil every few weeks.. as the name suggests (and from what I assume) it is high in sulfur and magnesium. It is made by a company called Garden Enterprises, who seem to be pretty smalltime in NZ compared to other companies that supply garden nutrients ect.... I just saw it in the shop and thought I would give it a go, and it seems to have done the trick haha

While I am at it, here is a pic of my first harvest of sweet banana and Hungarian yellow chilies... not particularly exciting due to the fact that they contain no heat, and because there are only three of them in comparison to the thousands of fruit that other people show in their harvest pics, but still satisfying to see some results.
DSC00011.jpg

haha I knew someone would say that! I harvested them a bit early to allow others to grow. The sweet banana plant had three massive fruit on it which were preventing any others from growing, due to the size of the bucket it is growing in. You are very much correct though mate!

Everything is looking great. I like your use of the green storage bin. Its always nice to find a use for things that are lying about.

BUMP! :rolleyes:Sorry if I annoy anyone by bumping my thread back up but I'm still wondering what this so called "Wildfire" plant really is???:?::?:

tomtomnz said:
BUMP! :rolleyes:Sorry if I annoy anyone by bumping my thread back up but I'm still wondering what this so called "Wildfire" plant really is???:?::?:

Not enough information to make an id. There are so many that have that general shape. What species is it, and how hot are the peppers. How do the ripe peppers taste? What color are they?

Back