• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

OCD 2017!!!

Well it's 2017. Finally! Last year was a success, as far as the ground plants were concerned. Virgin, clay ground. My Chinese got smacked by hail twice! No room for error with those. Out of 12 plants I got ONE BBG. First and only. That variety is cursed. Tried for the past 3 years and some sort of calimity happens.

This year I decided to try 21+ different varieties of the BBG. I have 9 Reaper crosses. 21 and counting other varieties. I built a hoophouse and some COB led's. Planning on getting them outside in March sometime. That might be a delusion, beings I'm in Colorado. We shall see. There is only a few varieties that I've grown before. The rest are all new. I'm planning on isolating most of them.

Just started some Lemon Drops for Throwdown Growdown. I will wait a couple weeks before I start the others. Everything needs to be in order before I germinate. No turning back at that point. I want two plants from most varieties. Plants need to be woody by ground day. That's the only way I have a chance at success with late maturity varieties. If I have extras, I'll give away to my friends of THP.

My list is growing, but not much. Here is some of the varieties that made the cut.

Naga BBG (Red)
Chocolate BBG
Orange BBG (ISO)
BBG x PDN
Tobago Treasure x BBG
Red Gum Tiger Mamp
BBG Peach Ghost Jami
BBG Cluster
BBG Yellow (large)
BBG Scorpion
Aji Jobito x BBG
Red Gum Nagabrain Tiger Mamp
Peach Bhut BBG
BBG Apocalypse
Bhutla x BBG
Srtsl x BBG
7pot Lava Chocolate x BBG
Bleeding Borg9
Tommy Gum
Orange Naga BBG
Peach Naga BBG

Reaper x Red Mayan Habanero
Reaper x Yellow Scorpion
Reaper x Purple Bhut
Reaper x Pimenta
Reaper x Peach Bhut
Naga Reaper
Brainstrain x Reaper
Sepia Reaper x Neyde
ButchT x Reaper

Congo x ButchT
Peach Ghost Scorpion x Primo
Apocalypse Scorpion
Black Bhutlah Scorpion
Primo
Chocolate Primo
Baby Morich
Scorpion XXX (Holiday)
Fidalgo Roxa x Grao De Bode
Nagabon
BOC (Gary)
Andy's King BOC
Bhut Peach
Jigsaw x Habanero
Giant Trinidad Scorpion (Randy)
Taba Naga
Perfect red Bhut (Rick)
Fatalii Gourmet Jigsaw (Jukka)
Scotch Brain (ISO)
Naga Brain Yellow
Rocato (Chinese) (Jukka)

3Way Caribbean Red
4Way Caribbean Red
Foodarama
Sicman's Mystery (Red, Purple Spots) (Jason)
SB7J (UFO) (Justin)
Venezuela Tiger x SRTSL
Mustard Moruga Brain
Black Panther
Aji Lemondrop
Aji Pineapple
Aji Amarillo
Sadabahar
Chi-Chien
Goats Weed

Thanks for stopping by. Wish you all the best of luck in 2017.

randyp said:
     Chuck, you may need to raise your framing.Those peppers can sneak up on you overnight in the right conditions.And you definitely have the correct conditions started. :onfire:
I was thinking the same thing when I was making my rows. I'm thinking of training the plants next to the walls. I also tilled a area next to the hoop. I'm moving my raised beds to the back as well. Everything in one area. It's not as hot in the back. Have had problems with the beds out front. Right in front of my mortar house.

Just stopped in ... You have put some awesome work in already. I hope the season treats you accordingly for the efforts!
Those starts look great!
Best of continued luck!

PaulG said:
Hey, Charles, your raised bed is money, my friend    :clap:

It will look so cool full of healthy chili plants   :D
Thanks Paul!

They are looking better every week. I'll start feeding them in the next week. Once they get their new shoes, look out.

Quick update.

Attachments

• IMG_1200.JPG
    IMG_1200.JPG
    85.4 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_1202.JPG
    IMG_1202.JPG
    162.3 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_1203.JPG
    IMG_1203.JPG
    165.3 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_1205.JPG
    IMG_1205.JPG
    112.4 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_1207.JPG
    IMG_1207.JPG
    119.4 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_1210.JPG
    IMG_1210.JPG
    182.6 KB · Views: 66
randyp said:
Won't be long Chuck, your going to be up-cupping. :onfire:
I hear ya Randy. I'll need to mix up some mix soon. To expensive to buy. I'll get a couple yards of ultra fine compost. I'll see if I can pickup any peat. I'll usually add close to equal parts of peat, compost, and perlite. It's a lite soilless mix. I use myco, azomite, and some other stuff when they get new shoes. I've got about 3, 5gal buckets of fertilizer. I stock up at the end of the season. Get it for about 70% off. I use to spend a fortune on this hobby. Learned a lot over the last few years.

karoo said:
Looking great , clean , organized , numbered  , very OCD. I like .

;)
Hey Jacques. HaHa! Yeah I try to keep it in order. I'm more of a mutt. You see I have about 90% ADHD with about 10% OCD in the wood pile. LOL! I'm always on the go. That's a good thing when you have a garden.

Back