• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest Octoberfest?? TD

Status
Not open for further replies.
German pork Ceviche with pretzel bites instead of cusco corn

and tequila of course

We know dang well you ain't gonna' do no stinkin' pork ceviche.

You'd be more at home doing Italian style sushi.

Nori wrapped Totino's Pizza Rolls.

And what about totz?

Who's teh say the Germans didn't invent those too?

Nori wrapped beer cheese totz anyone?

No, I meant - er, uh, never mind.

I suppose a "how to make a dead baby shake" joke's subtlety may be lost as well so i'll refrain.
:dance:

You'd be more at home doing Italian style sushi.

Nori wrapped Totino's Pizza Rolls.

Nori wrapped beer cheese totz anyone?

I'd like to be liking either of those. Especially the tots!

Alright...this is hounding me...so I hafta do it.

ROCKETMAN...I'M CALLING YOU OUT!!!

I have no idea what the hell I'm gonna do...but I challenge you ONE TO ONE on Germanese.

Crown be damned...let's see which one of us can fuse German with Lebanese and get more votes.

PS: Crown...I love you...and would never actually "damn" you...

I think Lunchbox just went off the deep end.

Should we call a doctor, or Frito Lay or a hooker or something?

Clearly, I have no idea how to handle psychological breaks.

We've done Oktoberfest a bunch of times, it's always cool, and the dishes always impress. FD4, Marcie, the NWP come to mind.

I was thinking Oktoberfused. Yes... that's fusion. Traditional has been done. Let's get jiggy.

Quick def.

Oktoberfused
Your dish must retain the traditional appearance and methods/ingredients of German cuisine, and must be fused with one other cuisine.
ex:
Jerk Sauerbraten (retains the appearance of the traditional dish with fused flavors)
or
Your dish must start as any cuisine other than German, and must be fused with German cuisine (methods/ingredients).
ex: German Gumbo (has the appearance of Cajun cuisine with German sausage/flavors served over spaetzle).

In both cases the German must be evident (appearance, or flavor).

ok so some sort of german sausage in a bun with a different countries flag stuck in it is ok?

No one steal that idea its mine!

Alright...this is hounding me...so I hafta do it.

ROCKETMAN...I'M CALLING YOU OUT!!!

I have no idea what the hell I'm gonna do...but I challenge you ONE TO ONE on Germanese.

Crown be damned...let's see which one of us can fuse German with Lebanese and get more votes.

PS: Crown...I love you...and would never actually "damn" you...

Careful, LB.....you might suddenly find that shiny gold crown replaced with a pink and black tiara~~~~ ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back