• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

contest Off season grow off?

I'm wondering if anyone would be interested in doing an indoor grow off over the winter without use of lights, just for fun. Pepper of choice would be Grandpa's Siberian Home aka Siberian Home, Grandpa's Home, Grandpa's Siberian etc etc. It's small and good in pots and doesn't require a lot of light. I'm asking now to make sure everyone can source seeds. I just think it would be fun to compare yields :)

Solution
I gave this thread the official contest tag
Thanks boss!

I've come up with three rules to keep it house plant (and budget) friendly:

- No artificial lighting unless you live somewhere where there is 5 or fewer hours of light in the winter - then you may have it under a light at lowest setting for 5 hours.

- Pot size under 5 gal

- no seeds in before September 1st

Winner gets... clout? Bragging rights? Actual stuff? Who knows. Actually, I do. The winner gets more peppers than the rest of us :rofl:
Hmmm yeah why not? If I can get my hands on some seeds, I'm in!

edit:
I guess these are the ones...

edit 2:
Also available from Semillas under the name "Sibirischer Hauspaprika"

Last edited:
I gave this thread the official contest tag
Thanks boss!

I've come up with three rules to keep it house plant (and budget) friendly:

- No artificial lighting unless you live somewhere where there is 5 or fewer hours of light in the winter - then you may have it under a light at lowest setting for 5 hours.

- Pot size under 5 gal

- no seeds in before September 1st

Winner gets... clout? Bragging rights? Actual stuff? Who knows. Actually, I do. The winner gets more peppers than the rest of us :rofl:

Solution
I have no real need to win anything. It's just a fun way to get through the winter months πŸ™‚
Would there be a limit on the number of plants?

I have no real need to win anything. It's just a fun way to get through the winter months πŸ™‚
Would there be a limit on the number of plants?
hmm, I'm not sure. What seems fair? I'm also open to toggling the amount of artificial light the plant(s) get for our more northern members, the 5 hrs under my light would be plenty but on a more basic one not so much. Decisions!

Almost time!

I've been preparing my soil already...

1000003822.jpg

Back