• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Official Bubblegum 7 Pot thread

yeah it will turn also if its true. In the case of my pods... They are not ripe yet.. not even close to fully ripe.

I still don't know if mine are true or not..

I have also seen some pods but they are missing the trait. These peppers are still only f4-f5 generation so there will be variances and then the best "the pods showing the traits" will get seeds kept and keep growing them.

Orekoc said:
OK, answer me this, for a true BubbleGum, the calyx needs to turn color from green to the color of the pod? Yes/no?

I ask cuz I've seen picture of some lovely BubbleGum pods where the calyx is green and I want to know, if that really isn't what the BubbleGum is about?

Too much Irish Whiskey tonight, so I hope that makes sense.

Thought for the day : "If a person feels he can't communicate, the least he can do is shut up about it." - Tom Lehrer

This is supposed to be what a true BBG7 looks like.

Proper Phenotype.jpg

Ocho Cinco said:

This is supposed to be what a true BBG7 looks like.

attachicon.gif
Proper Phenotype.jpg
Thank you! I saw some pictures of a beautiful BBG7, that the pods had turned color, but all of the calyxes were green without a bit of color showing. I thought, should seed be saved from that one?

Not related to BBG7s, but I have murupi amarela pods that have a bleeding calyx/stem.  I thought that was pretty interesting the way the white/ivory bleeds.

ikeepfish said:
Not related to BBG7s, but I have murupi amarela pods that have a bleeding calyx/stem.  I thought that was pretty interesting the way the white/ivory bleeds.
Well now you do realize that everyone here will want seeds, right? Oh, a new thread and pictures, please? :P

ikeepfish said:
Same over here with the Murupi Amarela. It happens when they go overripe, the calyx/stem gets the same color as the pods. Not sure if it's the same kind of trait the BBG7 has.
IMAG4486.jpg

Hey Everyone, My name is Joseph I've always looked on this forum for about a year now ha-ha, but never made an account! after looking at this BBG 7 pot for thread for so long i had to make a account an ask if anyone would be willing to sell me some seeds? I love that deep red stem color and this chili looks like itll make good sauce. I'm currently growing a reaper and just started some TM Scorpions along with a few Ghost's and Chocolate Douglas. I would want to grow the BBG  7 pot hydro style. SO if anyone would sell me some Please let me know!!! Thanks A lot!

Ocho Cinco said:
I have some for sale. 10+ for $4.20
This is what the pods look like.

Pods8-31-2014_zpsac68e4ed.jpg

I can vouch for this. I received a nice dried pod and 14 seeds. That pepper is HOT

Pr0digal_son said:
I have not had a chance to sample them yet do to some soar throat issues,hopefully by the weekend. Not a lot of placenta in these and they look like they might not be super hot caliber. They have some decent size to them,I have pretty big dick beaters.
15122912152_50f06e23e5_c.jpg

15060678412_642700155a_c.jpg

14874463618_7312a09f8f_c.jpg

14872406918_661916e590_c.jpg

Shoot me a pm, tried yours is full.  We can swap some seeds from our 2 Chocolate variations and see what happens with trying to cross them together if you'd like.

Back