• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Official Bubblegum 7 Pot thread

Pepper Ridge Farm said:
I picked the Bubblegum at about the correct ripeness but not too long as to let the calyx and stem bleed.  I have been saving seeds from the overly ripe pods and some seeds turned brown inside the pods.  Hope not with these as going to be growing quite a few of these next year.

Had the same thing happening here last season, Cappy. When I let the pods go overripe the seeds turned brown so I started picking them in a earlier stage also.

meatfreak said:
Had the same thing happening here last season, Cappy. When I let the pods go overripe the seeds turned brown so I started picking them in a earlier stage also.

I would like to hear from others collecting seed Stephen, but I am almost sure brown seeds is a trait of this unstable hybrid.  I just tried to get some nice seed clusters from those just ripe bubblegum and still almost half if not most of the seed is unviable.  Still got some nice seed saved but you should consider yourself lucky if you get good seed for this cultivar for a couple years.

I am collecting seeds also and I have noticed many brown ones. I always let mine get very ripe but I'll pick one a little sooner and let you know the results.

I'm noticing now my stem cap tops look different.. mine are like 2-Parts, while otheres are like 3-4? and separated.

but mine are looking truer like those above ArkansasJack has, with the stem tops being 2 sections.
And like the original BBG7 look like.

This plant is labeled as a choc hab and came fro Jim Duffy.....that big calyx looks bubblegummy though.

Attachments

• 0904141018a.jpg
    0904141018a.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 51
  • 0904141018.jpg
    0904141018.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 52
ikeepfish said:
You're new here aren't you? lol.  Pepper Joe doesn't sell live plants as far as I know
I'm fresher than a newborn!

Sorry, I didn't realize from your post that you bought plants. Maybe you said that in a earlier post and I just forgot.

Hey Everyone,

I have read the whole thread front to back!

Think this is such a cool pepper and I would love to try and grow it next year.

Is there anyone with stable seeds?

I don't mind buying seeds as long as they are 100% sure to become the correct pepper ( or as close to 100 as possible)

Does anyone have some spares or can point me to a vendor with true seeds?

Thanks!!

-Steve

Back