OFFICIAL PEPPER RANKINGS

AlabamaJack said:
You all are forgetting the Diablo Negro I ordered from EBay....roflmao

supposed to cause spontaneous combustion when consumed....

I'm surprised you haven't bought the Donni sali "the world's hottest pepper":lol:

cheezydemon said:
This will be my first year with naga and scorpion.

The only one I have grown is the orange hab. Man I love it! It has a distinctly smoky flavor and plenty of heat.

The 3 best dishes I made with them were: Seared Scallops with a habanero mango glaze, Hab salsa, and hot wings.

===============================
Sounds awesome, chef. If you ever want to share the scallop or salsa recipes, I'm across the state from you (TN side of the tunnel at Cumberland Gap). Sounds like you have a knack, and I study too hard these days to dabble :(

QuebecFire said:
hehe sorry dude but I ask to the seller if they are diablo negro and he tell me that is just the name he give them ...but this not THE diablo negro ..

===============
Looks like I'm going to have to try to score some Scorpion and Fatali seeds. I'm intrigued.

staffing said:
===============================
Sounds awesome, chef. If you ever want to share the scallop or salsa recipes, I'm across the state from you (TN side of the tunnel at Cumberland Gap). Sounds like you have a knack, and I study too hard these days to dabble :(

Sear the (diver) scallops in just a little butter on high heat until they develop a dark crust on each side(still rare in the middle). Salt each side as soon as you flip it.

Puree one orange hab, de-seeded, with one clove of garlic and roughly 1/3 of a mango, 1 tsp of salt. Cover the scallops with the glaze.

Stewed tomatoes (or fresh) 1 can, 1 clove of garlic, 3 orange habs, 1 med onion, 2 tsp salt. Chop or blend all.

Enjoy! I make my own chips to go with the salsa.

Daisy7117 said:
Thanks, I came across the pepper Lemon Drop, which looks interesting because it supposedly has lots of heat and a very lemony flavor....I was thinking of making a lemon marmalade with some Lemon Drop pepper....also maybe an orange hab. pepper jelly....hmmmm.

Lemon Drop is one of my very favorite peppers. I not only like the flavor, I like the texture of the flesh, it's so crisp and easy to work with in the kitchen.

POTAWIE said:
I'm surprised you haven't bought the Donni sali "the world's hottest pepper":lol:

where can I get these....:P

I don't rate the red savini not half as hot as a choc hab in my experience..its one of those hype peppers.
POTAWIES is on the money with the devils tongue and fatalii a must have for me.

cheezydemon said:
Sear the (diver) scallops in just a little butter on high heat until they develop a dark crust on each side(still rare in the middle). Salt each side as soon as you flip it.

Puree one orange hab, de-seeded, with one clove of garlic and roughly 1/3 of a mango, 1 tsp of salt. Cover the scallops with the glaze.

Stewed tomatoes (or fresh) 1 can, 1 clove of garlic, 3 orange habs, 1 med onion, 2 tsp salt. Chop or blend all.

Enjoy! I make my own chips to go with the salsa.
=======================
Thanks, CheezyDemon. I'll give that a try next weekend. Sounds really good.

this is a good idea but why only have the hottest of the hottest listed ? since theres also other chiles ;) I'm not saying to list all of them but you could list alot of others also. & if this was a sticky it'd be cool for others to take a quick look to see what some chile rate for SHU levels.

That is true CH, and I would like to, but there are like 12 new peppers named every day it seems like!
If you want to start listing some, I will cut and paste it onto the list.

wordwiz said:
Here's a site a Google search turned up. Probably biased, but she is selling pepper plants I have never seen mentioned.

http://www.thechilewoman.com/listofchiles/heatscale/#10

Mike

I have ordered from her before, and I've never been entirely satisfied with my orders. One time I got the plants I ordered, but all the labels were mixed up. And that's where I ordered the Chaco Yellow plants that turned out to be Aji Habanero plants.

She is very responsive to email, and if you're thinking about ordering from her you might email her first about your choices.

She probably doesn't do Scoville testing If I had to guess.

My guess Potowie is that a few of the most common have been done just as a point of reference. Jalapeno, Bell, etc.

The 1,000,000 score is meaningless until you realize that it is 100X the heat of a jalapeno.

cheezydemon said:
She probably doesn't do Scoville testing If I had to guess.

My guess Potowie is that a few of the most common have been done just as a point of reference. Jalapeno, Bell, etc.

The 1,000,000 score is meaningless until you realize that it is 100X the heat of a jalapeno.
Healthy Jalapeño is about 4,000SHU. some are more.

Back