• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

Official (?) THP Bloody Mary

Pending approval from the Boss on its status as "Official", lol.

I have been planning on making this drink for a week now but have been too busy to do it. Finally did and I am very pleased with the results. I am sure any lovers of heat would agree after trying it themselves.

THP Bloody Mary

Ingredients:

16 oz. V8 Original Vegetable Juice
2 oz. your choice of Vodka (can be omitted, I like mine virgin)
1 1/2 TBSP. Horseradish
2 TBSP Franks RedHot
2 Dashes Worchestershire
1 TSP. Creole Seasoning for drink
1 TSP. Creole Seasoning for rim of glass
Salt and Pepper to taste
1 Lemon Wedge
Pepper Garnish
Celery Sticks

You know it would not be complete without a little of this:

(completely optional)

-Rub the top of your glass with the lemon wedge.

-On a plate sprinkle the creole seasoning and dip the top of your glass into it.

-In a shaker glass add in all ingredients including the juice from your lemon wedge. Of course, leave out the celery and peppers! Those are a garnish!

-Give it a good shake for a couple of seconds and pour into your seasoned glass.

-Now use those garnishes in a pleasing to the eye manner.

-Enjoy!

*I added just a touch too much of the superhot powder to it. Other than that it was spot on.

Hope you guys like it! 

I did.

:dance:  :dance:  :dance:

They have a spicy V8 but I figured that may be a little over the top. Peppers are Moruga and Peach Bhut.

I like tomato juice not V8. No carrots or lettuce for me.
I like more worchestershire sauce, it adds an umami quality. Really makes it pop.
I don't like too much horseradish or it tastes like cocktail sauce. I'd go way less on mine.
I like a splash of pickle juice or pickled pepper juice. Just a splash.
I like a good hot sauce that is not too vinegary since vinegar is added at multiple stages.

It's looks good, but to me that is not official. lol.

Nice work, love the chili rim. And the lemon is a must, gives it a bright freshness.

The superhots, oh yeah!

Y'all should keep this going with more!

I just went with V8 to add a little flavor and I really like horseradish, so I went heavier than most probably would. I agree with the pickled brine, that was an afterthought of mine when it was already in my belly. Will do next time. Franks was the only thing in the fridge. To be honest I would have went with a little louisiana and omitted the salt if I had some. Could have went a little heavier on the worchestershire like you said but I did not want to overpower it.

All in all it was surprisingly well balanced.

Thanks for the input Boss, I really appreciate it. I too was hoping for more people to join in on this one. 

That chili on the rim really made it work.

Oh soon I'll be making some new ones and posting them, I too love horseradish in mine but it must be by the ton and fresh and HOT!

196132_10150935608223509_1312845057_n.jpg

I love bloody mary's man. LOVE. I've been tweaking them forever. My last tweak was the more worcestershire thing. Really sets it off. Not enough, it's too tomatoe-y.

Unlike JP I like less horseradish. I like it in there, but not to the point of cocktail sauce tasting.

Never had fresh grated in it though. Always the jarred stuff that tasted like sawdust in vinegar. LOL. Once you open that jar it only lasts a few days. And I've been known to stretch that.

The Hot Pepper said:
I love bloody mary's man. LOVE. I've been tweaking them forever. My last tweak was the more worcestershire thing. Really sets it off. Not enough, it's too tomatoe-y.

Unlike JP I like less horseradish. I like it in there, but not to the point of cocktail sauce tasting.

Never had fresh grated in it though. Always the jarred stuff that tasted like sawdust in vinegar. LOL. Once you open that jar it only lasts a few days. And I've been known to stretch that.
Fresh grated is like superman, it is an upfront punch the the sinuses then hides behind the wonderful tomato blend followed by the bite of a stiff Bloody Mary! 

I can dig that, that's my next tweak.

Jalapeno stuffed olive brine rimmed with JO crab spice. 

Pookie...Worcestershire is also in my cocktail sauce and in fact in my chili, it is a game changer!

As you can see if you look closely I dont like ice in mine. It waters it down if you don't down it quickly. 

I have been known to heat mine up in the nuke from time to time. You should really try one that way.

JoynersHotPeppers said:
Pookie...Worcestershire is also in my cocktail sauce and in fact in my chili, it is a game changer!

Yes yes yes! I know, right?

PepperDaddler said:
As you can see if you look closely I dont like ice in mine. It waters it down if you don't down it quickly. 

I have been known to heat mine up in the nuke from time to time. You should really try one that way.

:stop: Hold up! Ummmm... whoa!

PepperDaddler said:

Well I bartended for a long time, you want to do something real crazy? Roast a Roma or two and blend it will with your tomato juice then go from there. I drink mine so fast the ice never melts!
PepperDaddler said:
Live brine??
I edited, olive - preparing for drunk chef!

Just a variation I like. I know most people would not have it any other way than iced up, and I WILL drink them that way, but don't knock it till you try it... :snooty: 

:cool:  

I also agree they don't usually last long...but those times when you are REALLY hung over sometimes you just have the energy to sip.

The Hot Pepper said:

No sea monkeys in mine.

Ha! That's the first thing I thought of, brine shrimp!

JayT said:
Not a bad Mary, but not even close.  AJ and I used to post them back in the day, I will bring back the Bloody Mary Funk this weekend. 

Using AJ's puree is almost cheating.  :fire: ;)

Cuz it must make it perfect. I can't remember if I did that.

Back