Official (?) THP Bloody Mary

You are reading my mind Great Karnac...

I am going to reach out to the old wise one, and see if I can get him to join me here Sunday morning for old time's sake.

im curious whats the point of the two peppers? i guess garnish?   or do you drink a couple bloody with 4 super hots?  i guess everything is just for show?

Mary is a party girl. likes Vodka.

Maria is a Fantasy. LOVES TEQUILA.

"officially" a Bloody Maria fan.

BOOM.

The 1st one looks great but the Frank's Red Hot is unacceptable. For a true "THP" official bloody mary I would think the hot sauce would have to be from one of our fantastic saucemaker members. Knepper's Pineyhab comes to mind for heat & acidity to compliment the Mary! 
:D

Some great looking drinks on this topic though! Nicely done folks! 

Oh, one suggestion - DEFCON's Habby Horse is AMAZING in a bloody Mary. Amazing. Seriously - amazing. 

Lucky Dog Hot Sauce said:
The 1st one looks great but the Frank's Red Hot is unacceptable. For a true "THP" official bloody mary I would think the hot sauce would have to be from one of our fantastic saucemaker members. Knepper's Pineyhab comes to mind for heat & acidity to compliment the Mary! 
:D

Some great looking drinks on this topic though! Nicely done folks! 

Oh, one suggestion - DEFCON's Habby Horse is AMAZING in a bloody Mary. Amazing. Seriously - amazing. 

True true, I know I know...Should not have made the claim but was hoping to scrape by with what was in the fridge. djinn just sent me some awesome 7 pot sauces that will go into the next one. Plenty of Marys to be made still!!
By the way, was at work today and saw a couple guys huddled in a corner with a hot sauce bottle all suspicious-like ( I don't even know them, we have like 600 employees)

...The bottle was Defcon...

This addiction is becoming sort of an epidemic.

But in a good way of course.

The-Blair-Witch-Project-1.jpg

I forgot to post this here last weekend.

Ingredients:
vodka
tomato juice
worchestershire
garlic
horseradish
sriracha
5 drops Pure Evil
celery salt
bacon salt
black pepper
lime juice (on rim)
bbq rub on rim
shrimp, pickles, olives, as garnish.

101_0151.JPG

This thread has me wanting a Bloody Mary, but I don't like tomatoes or tomato juice (ketchup is fine though, weird I know). Does anyone have an optional recipe for an exchange of tomato juice for something else? 

MeatHead1313 said:
This thread has me wanting a Bloody Mary, but I don't like tomatoes or tomato juice (ketchup is fine though, weird I know). Does anyone have an optional recipe for an exchange of tomato juice for something else? 

I don't like tomato juice by itself either, have you tried one? Hmmm I don't really know what else would work there.

The Hot Pepper said:

I don't like tomato juice by itself either, have you tried one? Hmmm I don't really know what else would work there.
Tried some of 1 my wife got once from either Outback or Chili's, can't remember which. All I could taste was tomato. I'm sure that's different to home made though.

Only thing I can think of is a verde version. Juice some green tomatoes. You'd have that green earthy taste, totally different. Add some celery juice.

Verde Mary... damn, what an idea. LOL. Sounds cool. A little cilantro...

The Hot Pepper said:
Only thing I can think of is a verde version. Juice some green tomatoes. You'd have that green earthy taste, totally different. Add some celery juice.

Verde Mary... damn, what an idea. LOL. Sounds cool. A little cilantro...
Hmm. Never tried green tomatoes. Only way I could ever eat ripe tomatoes was the same way my Grandfather did, by sprinkling slices with sugar lol. I made a hab sauce using AlabamaJack's puree recipe with a little more vinegar, has very little heat so could add enough of that to cover the taste. Might have to experiment on my next weekend off.

Never had fried green tomatoes? They actually taste a bit like zucchini. Not like red tomatoes at all. 

Back