• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

news OH BOY! Dunkin' Doughnuts + Ghost Peppers = Halloween!

dragonsfire said:
Well the fact that sugar will cut the heat I dont expect them to be that "Hot" lol
Honestly you've been a member here long enough to know that sweet can have heat. I've had sugary pepper jams that will light you up bro! And sweet hot sauces, strawberry reaper etc. If the donut it NOT hot, it's simply because, it is a mainstream gimmick! And that is all.

So I broke down and tried one of those today. Can't say I'll be doing it again.

Overall it was just a normal doughnut with the slightest whisper of heat. If you really wanted to find it, you could get an ever so faint floral chinense flavor but there was something off about it. Mostly, it was just sweet with a slight citric acid note.

If I had to guess, there was a lot done during formulation to subdue the heat and vegetal flavors. It just didn't seem like the full bouquet of a ghost pepper. If I didn't know any better, I would say that it was some kind of flavoring extract or combination of extracts masquerading as ghost pepper. It definitely tasted like a flavor I have had before but I can't put my finger on it. 

Enriched Wheat Flour (Flour, Malted Barley Flour, Niacin, Reduced Iron, Thiamin Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Water, Palm Oil, Yeast Donut Concentrate [Soy Flour, Salt, Leavening (Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate, Baking Soda), Wheat Starch, Whey (a milk derivative), Nonfat Dry Milk, Gum Blend (Cellulose Gum, Guar Gum, Acacia Gum, Carrageenan, Xanthan Gum), Sodium Caseinate (a milk derivative), Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate, Contains 2% or less of: Soybean Oil, Soy Lecithin, Whole Egg, Natural Flavor, Turmeric Extract (Color)], Enzymes, Annatto Extract (Color), Yeast, Dextrose, Soybean Oil, Mono and Diglycerides; Spicy Strawberry Flavored Icing: Sugar, Water, Corn Syrup, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Corn Starch, Vegetable Shortening (Palm Oil), Hot Pepper Blend (Cayenne Pepper, Ghost Pepper, Salt), Contains 2% or less of: Maltodextrin, Dextrose, Soybean Oil, Phosphoric Acid, Natural and Artificial Flavor, Sodium Propionate (Preservative), Vegetable Juice Concentrate for Color, Polyglycerol Esters of Fatty Acids, Agar, Potassium Sorbate (Preservative), Soy Lecithin, Rosemary Extract (Antioxidant); Red Sugar: Sugar, Vegetable Juice for Color, Carnauba Wax.

Back