• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Oh just a little rain, 8" no big deal

Never saw so much rain fall in one day in my life yesterday... I got lucky and with no basement flooding, my neighbor wasn't so lucky.... Seriously never saw so much rain in my life and there is more on the way today.. We're screwed...

They called in national gaurd and divers to look for people and cars on the freeway, yeah that's I-75...
IMG_5619.png

Intersection by my house
IMG_8427.jpg

My friends main floor of his house, wasted!!!
IMAG1489_1.jpg

Wow! And this is just August. Soon you'll need a boat to get around. I only wish for a 1/10  of that rain here. Keep your head above water buddy.

Yeah I can't even begin to tell you how many people around here are screwed with flooded houses and cars that are gone from this flooding....

Wow. So glad I left when I did. I was in a swim meet north of Detroit yesterday morning. I wasn't sure how long it was going to last, so had made reservations at a hotel for both Sunday night and last night. The meet finished much earlier than anticipated, so I just drove home early - partially via 75. I ran into very heavy rains on the way, but it was only really starting. I also saw a funnel cloud start at one point, and was glad that it broke up before making it even half way to the ground. I'm glad to hear, at least, that your house was spared from the flooding. 

geeme said:
Wow. So glad I left when I did. I was in a swim meet north of Detroit yesterday morning. I wasn't sure how long it was going to last, so had made reservations at a hotel for both Sunday night and last night. The meet finished much earlier than anticipated, so I just drove home early - partially via 75. I ran into very heavy rains on the way, but it was only really starting. I also saw a funnel cloud start at one point, and was glad that it broke up before making it even half way to the ground. I'm glad to hear, at least, that your house was spared from the flooding.
Yeah man you definetly got out in the nick of time ....they are close to calling a state of emergency and making people stay off the roads except for emergencies only...glad you made it it safe

Thanks man
We are atarting to have mud slides from the sides of the freeways in that first pic, the sides are starting to give way and slide down onto freeway from the water flowing over into the freeway..this is just insane..
4457951_G.jpg

4457948_G.jpg

Another "wow" - just found this in an article:

Portions of the Ford Freeway (Interstate 94), the Chrysler Freeway (Interstate 75), Interstate 696, the Southfield Freeway, and the Lodge Freeway remained closed as of early Tuesday morning, hours after the last of the rain had moved out of the area.

I was on 75, 94 and 696 on my way home yesterday. I don't know that I've seen rain as heavy since I moved North - that was definitely more like the rainstorms in the South.

Yeah and here is the interstate exchange you used .....all under water now

image.jpg

geeme said:
Another "wow" - just found this in an article:

Portions of the Ford Freeway (Interstate 94), the Chrysler Freeway (Interstate 75), Interstate 696, the Southfield Freeway, and the Lodge Freeway remained closed as of early Tuesday morning, hours after the last of the rain had moved out of the area.

I was on 75, 94 and 696 on my way home yesterday. I don't know that I've seen rain as heavy since I moved North - that was definitely more like the rainstorms in the South.
juanitos said:
hope the peppers are ok?  :hell:

Lol sadly that was my first thought and yes they are ok...I have them on a "lifted" type of bleacher bench so they are off the ground, thank god lol

Crazy weather continues, good to hear your not having any issues with flooding.  It appears that the storm is headed our way, hopefully it loses some of its intensity. 

Go look at the radar map on weather.com (or other) and zoom out to the country level. The major system is like a big horseshoe that stretches (currently) from southern Wisconsin up into Canada then back down as far south as Virginia - only the front edge has come through so far. I hope the back side isn't as bad. We have a smaller band about to hit here now, and it has patches of intensity. Batten down the hatches!

Took a walk with the dog and can't believe the amount of home furnishings people are putting on curb that was damaged from flooding...

Here is the end of my street, sewer cap blown off
IMAG1491.jpg

Those pics look like when tropical storm Alicia came through and just sat there over Houston. I forget how many days, 2 or 3, but it dumped over 19" of rain.

Wow, how long this gonna take to dry off.

@PMD
El Nino should the there this year to fix the problem.
Also, can it really be called a drought because CA's been unusually rainy the past century and a half. All the tree rings from older say that drought is it's natural state.

ugh man, that sucks buddy. hope every one is safe.
we are just starting to get the same storm now, it hit us early in the am and its raining pretty good here

Where Im at that rain wouldn't be noticed an hour after it stopped,we could use that twice over just to puddle the ditch's

Back