• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Oh no, what's next?

I was actually thinking of buying some parasitic wasps for my greenhouse.
If you hate aphids like me you'll love this description

During part of their reproductive cycle, aphid wasps capture and lay eggs within the bodies of live aphids. When aphid wasp larvae hatch from the eggs, they parasitize the aphid hosts for food. As the aphid wasp larvae develop into adults, the aphids die slowly as they are consumed from the inside out. Eventually, the adult aphid wasps leave the dead aphids, leaving hollow aphid mummies behind.
http://www.astrographics.com/GalleryPrintsIndex/GP2013.html

now that's my kind of wasp...

I have flowers, but they were mostly in the garden before I bought the house.

I have only planted a couple of cold weather orchids, tree & bush peonies.

They come up every year and I don't have to do any work. It's awesome :)

I HATE rhododendrons. Do they count as flowers?

Until now, Linda and I had a line of demarcation. I had my garden, she has hers. Every once in a while, I would pull a weed or two out of hers, but only if it was worthy of becoming compost material! I still rue the moment my mouse clicked on the wrong link and after seeing some of those plants, it was an epiphany. Plus, and I will remind her of this all season long, the Angels Trumpet is the same family as tomatoes and peppers.

Mike

AlabamaJack said:
anyone ever see one of these shooting star plants?....I think they are gorgeous...I have seen them in the wild but never cultivated...wonder if they would grow here in north texas...I got a partial shade area they could have that stays moist next to my air conditioner...

shootingstar3.jpg

http://www.illinoiswildflowers.info/prairie/plantx/shootingstarx.htm

AJ, will they do good in partial shade. Right now I am looking for something that will go in partial shade.

Dale

Dale

Back