• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

OKGrowin- Newbie 5 gal pepper journey - Fin

finished nov 10 2014, last post

Hey i'm new here and my 2nd year growing peppers.

Grow list:
oRVROQe.png

Soilmix:
5-1-1
pine bark fines
perlite
coco or peat
+
dolomite lime

Fertilizer:
Dynagrow 9-3-6 Foliage pro

Indoor light (until they can go outside in april):
Sun system T5 4ft 8lamp

Containers:
1. solo cups
2. Viagrow 5gal bags

=====================================
Step 1 - Germination:
Got my seeds all in so i decided to soak them in some tea for an hour and now they are in ziploc bags
MQ1FsYP.jpg
Ehq24UK.jpg

But they look great!

They are adjusting and will reward you very soon!

9gal bags should do you well. I went a bit overboard with 20's, only because they're heavy and take so much too fill!

Keep doing what you're doing!

they seem to be doing ok in my light.

IMG_20140426_124400.jpg

these are the rest of em finally popped.. They are variety yaki brown(free seeds from buckeye), going to put them all under the LED for testing.
IMG_20140426_124247.jpg

The ones i left in solo cups are doing just as well as the ones in the 5 gal containers at the moment lol..

When i get my drip setup installed with a fertilizer injector in the next couple weeks i'm sure the 5 gallon plants will take off.

IMG_20140430_111420.jpg

IMG_20140430_111553.jpg

IMG_20140430_111623.jpg

IMG_20140430_113550.jpg

I gave them about half a gallon of full strength fert water, they greened up nicely 2 days later. Leads me to believe the obvious, my mix has little nutrients,. Of course that was obvious when i was making it just have been too lazy to mix lots of fert water by hand until i get my fert injector setup.

my helper was watering / taking the pictures, i was digging up shrubs in a flower bed near her lol.
IMG_20140503_115928.jpg

all my superhots have yet to flower, they take longer so i understand, sux waiting though lol
IMG_20140503_113120.jpg

This guy has a 4 inch cayenne in may already lol
7n6nOGn.jpg

oh i removed most of the "bigger" peppers(about the size of a quarter) off the plants so they wouldn't waste too much energy on them.

Minibells, then last one with grooves i think is a habenero maybe choc?
IMG_20140503_120030.jpg

Looking good OK, drip irrigation IS THE way to go.

I wish I could use it here, the minerals from the well foul the emitters. Same thang with a soaker hose, it just turns into a hose ;)

So ditches it is...

well you know people are always saying remove the peppers while the plants are still growing... it makes me feel bad i'll have to wait longerrrr

sK4sJNY.jpg

so my bigger plants weren't doing good because the siphon mixer wasn't working so they haven't recieved ferts in my nuteless soilmix for like 3 weeks.... ooops lol

I got a more professional water powered piston mixer in the mail ($$). Hopefully my plants bounce back soon.

Those plants should attract buyers with the pods on them, good luck!

Heck, why wait mix some nutes and hand water ;)

Devv said:
Those plants should attract buyers with the pods on them, good luck!

Heck, why wait mix some nutes and hand water ;)
oh yeah i did, siphon mixer works when using the hose with no attachments(non restrictive unlike the drippers) so i just used all the fert i had mixed up for it and dumped it on the plants. 

I ordered cal mag but USPS lost it in the mail, so submitted a claim and am waiting on that.

My small plants are all falling over with 20-30 mph winds for the rest of the week lol

so moved the rows back to back to save some space, also laid them on the black row cover stuff so that grass etc doesn't grow up in there. (i even have more space for another row, hehehe)..

You can see i  put my smaller plants in between the 5 gal bags, really shields them from the wind lol..

IMG_20140519_195828.jpg

IMG_20140519_195807.jpg

Back