Ol ' Man Stillmanz and TheRainbow Takeaway

I had a good camera down at the shop for some advertising and took some pics of the shop and some stuff, I thought some of you might be interested in all the weirdness that is The Rainbow Takeaway.

Some pics from Outside

DSCF1943.jpg

DSCF1942.jpg

DSCF1947.jpg

and were the magic happens, the front kitchen

DSCF1940.jpg

The espresso machine hidden behind incense and bits and peices
DSCF1941.jpg

A View from the shop lots to look at
DSCF1944.jpg

Chilled display Cabinet, hot sauces, the main front
DSCF1945.jpg

through the looking glass
DSCF1949.jpg

and some food
fresh Pacific oysters flown up from Tassie
DSCF1951.jpg

Some of the signiture dishes I am incorporating.

Beer battered fresh snapper
DSCF1921.jpg

Sword Fish grilled with a classic mediterranian herb dressing
DSCF1906.jpg

And some fiery southern fried wings for all you chilli head maniacs

DSCF1935.jpg

The wings are magic and tghe swordfish is excellent better than what I used in the restuarants which is a bit of a laugh..
you'd be suprised about the heat, we get the sea breeze and the huge extractor fans suck most of the heat out...it does seem very hot when were flat out but lol

Looks like a great place to be and to eat (of course). I doubt I'll ever make it there, but it sure looks inviting!

The title of this thread reads like a children's book title like Henry Potthead or something (read: very cool).

The shop looks awesome. Ya know, I'm starting to think, maybe I should move to Australia.....

The shop looks amazing. Love the cactus in the skull.

Nice pics Mick, are tuna steaks popular over there, just curious, what does a can of coca-cola go for, US dollar equivlant. We tear raw oysters up here in Baltimore, they'll be in season next month, love em

Great shots Stilly. Has a nice bohemian juke joint look to it. Great looking crust on the fried grub. I'd bring my beautician there with me to mow on 'dem oysters.

Cheers, TB.

Great pic and a kewl place ya have there..very eclectic!
Dragon's Blood...nice.

Hmm, it is me or is your front overhang drooping a bit?
Seems to have a bit of warping going on. Eeeep, hope it's ok.

Cheers,

QS

Dude that's a totally jam packed little place. From clothes, incense, hot sauce to make you see god and good food? hehe.

I gotta visit Australia.

Back