• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

seeds old seeds

I found a bunch of seeds i had misplaced about two years ago on a shelf in my basement and i was wondering if they would still be good?
do you think they would grminate?most were in small ziplock type baggies.

I've found after a year or so the germination percentage goes down about half my TS seed grew after a 2 years of storage.

I've found after a year or so the germination percentage goes down about half my TS seed grew after a 2 years of storage.
If you're having problems with germing after two years, try breaking the dormancy cycle with a visit to the fridge for a few weeks and then before you drop the seeds in your medium, let them have a soak in a very light tea. :)

If you're having problems with germing after two years, try breaking the dormancy cycle with a visit to the fridge for a few weeks and then before you drop the seeds in your medium, let them have a soak in a very light tea. :)

I will try it got some old seeds just layin around

What kind of tea mixture would you suggest?

Back