food OMG French Toast Poppers

The Hot Pepper

Founder
Admin
OMG I have to post the recipe for my new breakfast invention. French Toast Poppers with Mascarpone Cheese and Warm Butter Rum Sauce.

Sorry no pics. You have to imagine the goodness!

I'll perfect this and take pics another time.

When I'm hungry! My personalities work in shifts. moyboy almost has me figured out.

Okay here goes.

1. You take red ripe jalapenos, core them out, and stuff them with mascarpone cheese.

2. Make a brioche dough and wrap the peppers. Bake in the oven until done.

3. Cut a thin layer off of the top and bottom of the bread (this is so you can make it into French toast). It will look like a thick slice of brioche if done right.

4. Dip each side in a French toast egg mixture (eggs, milk, vanilla, whatever you use, I use a little allspice.)

5. Cook it like French toast, on both sides.

6. Drizzle with butter rum sauce (dark rum, butter, brown sugar, splash of heavy cream, pinch of salt reduced on the stove).

Now that sounds awesome! Can't wait for the pics. Mmm...mmmm...got me hungry thinking about it and I don't like to eat before I go to bed.

Thanks. I'm ready for the breakfast Throwdown! ;)

No pics till then, if we do one.

sounds great......

And yeah, I've picked out about 4 of the personalities so far...:lol:

Actually, a breakfast throwndown sounds bloody awesome.....I love it....:)

thehotpepper.com said:
Okay here goes.

1. You take red ripe jalapenos, core them out, and stuff them with mascarpone cheese.

2. Make a brioche dough and wrap the peppers. Bake in the oven until done.

3. Cut a thin layer off of the top and bottom of the bread (this is so you can make it into French toast). It will look like a thick slice of brioche if done right.

4. Dip each side in a French toast egg mixture (eggs, milk, vanilla, whatever you use, I use a little allspice.)

5. Cook it like French toast, on both sides.

6. Drizzle with butter rum sauce (dark rum, butter, brown sugar, splash of heavy cream, pinch of salt reduced on the stove).

Sounds good in concept but...

1. All in all red ripe 'peno's are tough to find unless grown by oneself.

2. Brioche? There's maybe 10 people on this forum that know what that is....and maybe 2 that can actually make it. I'm one of them.

3. Butter rum sauce? To hell with the popper. Add orange and lemon zest and bananas, cinnamon and nutmeg, to the sauce and splooge it over ice cream for Banana's Foster. Women have been known to trade sex for that dessert.

4. No piccy's of the alledged affair with the brioche poppers...FAIL.

5. Mascarpone? Please. Flush the foo foo and sub neufchatel or cream cheese. Better yet, dispense with the processed cheeses all together and go with gruyere swiss or gouda.

Sermon ended. Amen.

Commence firing!

Salute', TB.

No you had it right. Brioche is just a bread made with an insane amount of butter if done right. Marcapone is foo foo cream cheese made from creme fraiche, mainly used in dessert making such as cheesecake and the like.

chilehunter said:
I thought something different, more towards high class snob food, no offense THP.
Snobby? LOL.... Hmm, never had tiramisu? I guess not. Oh well. Feck it all! I'll make my foo foo and eat it too! Foo you!

Back