food OMG French Toast Poppers

Some areas of the country are somewhat limited as to what is available in the stores...marscapone, sherry vinegar, etc are things they use on food network and nobody really sells in small town Minnesota. All the larger towns within in a 90 minute drive do not carry them. I'm sure if I went to the cities( 2-3 hours away) it's big enough to maybe find them. In the meantime while marscapone may be good I'll stick to cream cheese and it fits my budget too.

pepperfever said:
Some areas of the country are somewhat limited as to what is available in the stores...marscapone, sherry vinegar, etc are things they use on food network and nobody really sells in small town Minnesota. All the larger towns within in a 90 minute drive do not carry them. I'm sure if I went to the cities( 2-3 hours away) it's big enough to maybe find them. In the meantime while marscapone may be good I'll stick to cream cheese and it fits my budget too.

the stuff THP is talking about you might be able to find them in downtown TC or in the snob area of minnetonka & edina :lol:

texas blues said:
Sounds good in concept but...

1. All in all red ripe 'peno's are tough to find unless grown by oneself.

2. Brioche? There's maybe 10 people on this forum that know what that is....and maybe 2 that can actually make it. I'm one of them.

3. Butter rum sauce? To hell with the popper. Add orange and lemon zest and bananas, cinnamon and nutmeg, to the sauce and splooge it over ice cream for Banana's Foster. Women have been known to trade sex for that dessert.

4. No piccy's of the alledged affair with the brioche poppers...FAIL.

5. Mascarpone? Please. Flush the foo foo and sub neufchatel or cream cheese. Better yet, dispense with the processed cheeses all together and go with gruyere swiss or gouda.

Sermon ended. Amen.

Salute', TB.

Now that's an exec chef beat down served au Flambé...I love it.

I do like Neufchâtel (have some in teh fridge now) and Bananas Foster though...my chef uncle used to make it with 151...mmmm.

Croissant, Baguette, Brioche, it's just all French for fancy bread really. ;)

Back