• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

One Straw Revolution

That was a very interesting read.

If you can find them, check out a couple of other books by the author:

'The Road back to Nature: Regaining the Paradise Lost' and

'The Natural Way of Farming: The Theory and Practice of Green Philosophy'.

Masanobu Fukuoka was a revolutionary thinker when it came to agriculture and probably a throwback to Luther Burbank.

dvg

I have read the Fukuoka works and reread them every now and then to keep perspective.
Luther Burbank is really interesting too.

I've heard about this. Growingyourgreens channel on youtube described this method after attending a Baker Creek event.

While this "natural" way of farming might sound nice I don't personally see the point, I see it as more romantic than practical. Most people I know that are growing their own food focus on planting methods that will provide a max yield.

I've heard about this. Growingyourgreens channel on youtube described this method after attending a Baker Creek event.

While this "natural" way of farming might sound nice I don't personally see the point, I see it as more romantic than practical. Most people I know that are growing their own food focus on planting methods that will provide a max yield.

Gardening especially for growing your own should be romantic, If you see it as a chore then something is missing. I know that it is my most peaceful, restful time of the day when I am tending my garden. You can still get max output and enjoy it. I have farmed the natural way all of my farming life. What i have found is if you want to make a living from farming you have to find a niche. If you always farm the same thing as everyone else you have to continually up production until it becomes to costly and you become so reliant that one bad event can ruin you.

Back