• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Orange 7 pot/pod F1

Hi all,
Last year i decided to cross my yellow 7 pot with my rusty coloured 7 pot to try to get a hotter version of the yellow while keeping the flavour. Well it didnt turn out to be yellow but instead is Orange. Its been orange for a few days with no signs of turning red. The pod shape is much like the yellow 7 with a rough surface. I have yet to taste it but perhaps i will tomorrow. Many of the pods also grow stingers and is producing tons of pods.

Anyways tell me what you think?

Cheers

Yann

4849860462_e813db4908_b.jpg

4849860470_189a3d7c9b_b.jpg

Wow Yann that baby is a monster! Can't wait to hear about the flavor and heat. Hope it's a good one for you.

I am so tired of beggars.

wow, you and ballzworth are really good at this crossing thing.
those pods are pretty cool-looking + it's a cool exercise; yellow x (chocolate x yellow) = orange. that's pretty unexpected methinks.

Looks good. Im always excited to see another variety of 7 pod come about. How exactly do you go about crossing your plants?
I must aggree with the above. Definitely looking tasty.

wow, you and ballzworth are really good at this crossing thing.
those pods are pretty cool-looking + it's a cool exercise; yellow x (chocolate x yellow) = orange. that's pretty unexpected methinks.

My rusty 7 is a very rusty red colour. Not with the chocolate tones like the plant i gave to ballzworth. But they do look very similar. His looks more like a chocolate red.
I will post pictures of my variety when they ripen.
Thanks Charles!!!

Looks good. Im always excited to see another variety of 7 pod come about. How exactly do you go about crossing your plants?
I must aggree with the above. Definitely looking tasty.

Thanks JS,
I do it two ways i take pollen on a brush and pollinate the second plant or i remove the anthers from one plant and touch the stigma on the other. I do it indoors so there is no wind. Its been working for me so far. Iv'e done another cross this year which should be cool i hope!

Wow Yann that baby is a monster! Can't wait to hear about the flavor and heat. Hope it's a good one for you.

I am so tired of beggars.

Thanks Patrick, We'll have to see what happens. I update the thread as more change colour. Then will have to taste!! I imagine they will be hot :mouthonfire:

I started out here as a beggar myself. In my view, I'd grow out what I can and send back whatever seed I can. And if I find anything interesting along the way, I'll send those along too.

awesome you got an orange color, and was without relying on an orange hab. a mix of 2 7's! really impressive. The fact that the rusty 7 is part of that mix scares me man! you could have a true winner there. can't wait to see the progress.

Back