• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chinense Orange Bhut jolokia

While gave a look I saw on chilesseds who have just entered a new Bhut Jolokia, the chocolate comes after the orange also sell 2 versions of the classic, the Assam and the CPI, but not yet understand the differences

PS. have included the trinidad scorpion

http://www.chileseeds.co.uk/

Bhut jolokia Orange:
index.19.jpg

Gianluca84 said:
While gave a look I saw on chilesseds who have just entered a new Bhut Jolokia, the chocolate comes after the orange also sell 2 versions of the classic, the Assam and the CPI, but not yet understand the differences

PS. have included the trinidad scorpion

Don't understand. I guess something is missing in the translation italian-english-swedish.

Did you tell us something or did you ask a question?

CPI - Chili Pepper Institute. basically the strain promoted by NMSU.
Assam - basically the Bhut Jolokia, just a another possible strain from a different source.

That orange one looks odd, and not very Bhut-like.

imaguitargod said:
I second that. One of them almost looks like a Scotch Bonnet.

What do you second IGG? That it looks like a Fatalii/Hab cross or that I suck at IDing peppers? Either way I agree with you.:lol:

Philipperv said:
You could be right but there is too much pod variation there to be sure. Could be a cross.
Never said it was pure, just that it doesn't seem to be a Jolokia type.

The pickled Bih pods I have from Gnildir look a lot like those, they just hadn't ripened to red yet. His are more twisty and Naga-esque tho.

My money's on some kind of cross going on.

Back