• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Orange Habanero's Turning Very Dark Green

I potted up 3 Orange Habs 8 days ago into some new dirt; it's loaded with compost, EM (essential micro-organisms), bat guano and soil. The leaves have turned a really dark green; is the soil too hot?

that sound like a bit too much ferts, but i havent encountered such a thing so i cant say.

best of luck and i hope they come out strong and bursting with pods.

The leaves aren't brown, the leaves aren't yellow, the leaves don't have brown holes, the leaves haven't curled, the leaves don't aren't wilting.....leaves are suppose to be green, dark green, not light green approaching yellow. Let them be, you have very healthy foliage.

The leaves aren't brown, the leaves aren't yellow, the leaves don't have brown holes, the leaves haven't curled, the leaves don't aren't wilting.....leaves are suppose to be green, dark green, not light green approaching yellow. Let them be, you have very healthy foliage.

I've been battling finding a good soil for so long I guess I've come to consider light green as normal.

Thanks, will do.

If it was to much ferts they would be any color but dark green, Mark said it, good healthy plants . Best of luck on setting fruit.

Dark green is real good IMHO. They are loving life. Give them some sun and water and they'll grow up to hurt you. (As AJ is fond of saying :) )

+1 to plants being very happy and healthy. Let them enjoy their new found happiness. We as humans sometimes overthink everything and then mess it up by trying to fix what is not broken.

I haven't done anything. After 2 days of heavy rain, the plants are looking the best ever.
The positive effect of rain water on the plants is astonishing.
I think Potawie was right about too much nitrogen though; the source would be bat guano and I think it's been washed out or at least diluted, because all the new growth is a lush/healthy green.
Thanks for the replys; I'll post pics when the rain stops.

Back