• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Orange Habs look small!?!?

Eggshells release calcium very slowly, you need a quicker source like dolomite, dry milk or even an antacid tablet.

inolan22 said:
Where is a good place to get dolomite? and do I dissolve and apply to the leafs or just water into the soil?

It dissolved really fast, the pellet kind anyway, I get mine at wal-mart, in the greenhouse area if yours has one.

A 10 pound bag is like $4, it's dirt cheap.

They don't look like they recovered much from that other soil. I think they have to get a little more healthy on their own before you give them anything else personally. So I'm with Iggy. Love, sun & water. What kind of soil are they in now? If it has no nutes, then maybe some watered down weak fish ferts like Alaska or Neptunes.

bigt said:
They don't look like they recovered much from that other soil. I think they have to get a little more healthy on their own before you give them anything else personally. So I'm with Iggy. Love, sun & water. What kind of soil are they in now? If it has no nutes, then maybe some watered down weak fish ferts like Alaska or Neptunes.

Its in some very weak organic soil right now. The same soil has been doing great with the other plants so far :)

inolan22 said:
Its in some very weak organic soil right now. The same soil has been doing great with the other plants so far :)

Leave them alone then and give them mostly shade and very little direct sunlight if it's a hot day. (80F +) I'll bet they'll recover on their own in a few weeks and want to be fed then.

inolan22 said:
Where is a good place to get dolomite? and do I dissolve and apply to the leafs or just water into the soil?

You'll find it at your local feed store. Here it's $4.50 per 50LB bag, even cheaper than dirt. :)
The next time you water sprinkle about a tbsp just outside the plants drip line and water it in. Don't do it again for a few months and then only if it needs it as too much can make your soil too sweet.

Back